Uganda: One Acre Fund PROJECT SPECIALIST, AGRICULTURE INNOVATIONS Job Opportunity
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In One Acre Fund Uganda : PROJECT SPECIALIST, AGRICULTURE INNOVATIONS
Rapidly growing international social enterprise seeks a talented young professional to join our team to manage Product Innovations for our network of 3,000+ farmers and 40+ field staff. This is a fast-track career development opportunity with a trajectory to join the core leadership team within 1-2 years.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
2/3rds of Uganda’s population are poor farmers. One Acre Fund believes that the solution to ending poverty in Uganda lies in unlocking the potential of smallholder farmers. We offer our farmers financing, training, agricultural inputs, insurance, and market access so they can grow bigger harvests, increase their incomes and build better lives for themselves and their families. Our program is sustainable, scalable, and impactful – in 2014, One Acre Fund farmers harvested 300% more than control farmers.
One Acre Fund is an international organization, and we are growing quickly. In 2006, we began with 40 farmers in Kenya. Today, we serve nearly 300,000 farm families and employ over 2,000 full-time field staff in 7 countries across East Africa. www.oneacrefund.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Product Innovations is one of the core pillars of One Acre Fund’s work continuously experimenting products and ideas to deliver highest impact to the smallholders. This position will spend a significant amount of time in the field working directly with farmers and field staff on a daily basis. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage Agriculture Innovation Teams – Supervise a team of 15+ field staff at various levels, providing regular mentorship and monitoring performance;
• Lead Farmers Trainings – Preparation of training materials, on topics ranging from land management, crop cultivation and pre and post-harvest activities;
• Lead Agricultural Trials – Design and execute nursery and field trials for achieving a high-impact products for farmers;
• Data Analysis – Manage Innovations Database for trials and perform data analysis for report generation using SPSS, SAS, STATA or R.
• Liaise with Govt. Institutions – Network with public and private institutions to avail new germplasm for future experimental trials.
The ideal candidate for this position is an ambitious young professional who is motivated by a passion to help poor Ugandans escape poverty and build better lives for their families. You are someone who can think analytically, use data to make decisions, and lead a large team. But you’re also someone who is ready and willing to get your hands dirty and get your boots muddy if that’s what’s required to get the job done. Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
• 2-5 Years Relevant Work Experience – Candidates should have 2-5 years of strong work experience, including project management, team management, or entrepreneurial experiences. Candidates with a background in agriculture, agriculture economics or related preferred.
• Strong Leadership Skills – We are looking for candidates with demonstrated leadership
experience at work, or outside of work. Examples of demonstrated leadership experience
include managing a team or starting a business.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Related Field – Strong undergraduate background at top East African
university or international university. Degrees in agriculture, agriculture economics, or related
• Humility & Positive Attitude – We are looking for passionate professionals who combines strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
• Strong Computer Skills – Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel
and PowerPoint and statistics packages like SPSS, SAS, STATA or R.
• Rural Fit – A willingness to commit to living in rural areas of Uganda for at least two years.
• Language – English required. Knowledge of Luganda, Lusoga or other Ugandan languages
• Ugandan national – This job is for Ugandan nationals exclusively.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will
invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback
delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Project Specialists will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
PREFERRED START DATE: Flexible
COMPENSATION: Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
BENEFITS: Housing, transportation, and airtime allowance.
Contact/How to apply:Freebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
TO APPLY: Please email [email protected] with your CV & Cover Letter with “Project Specialist, Agriculture Innovations” and Your Name in the subject line of the email.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.