United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: Assistant Manager – Communications, London
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: Assistant Manager – Communications, London
Organization: Adam Smith International
Country: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Closing date: 14 Oct 2015
We are a rapidly growing award-winning global professional services business specialising in the design, management and delivery of complex projects and programmes supporting economic growth and government reform. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments. We currently have 80 projects in over 30 countries. We are headquartered in London, with offices in Nairobi, Delhi, Abuja and Sydney.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for a communications professional with exceptional writing skills to join an exciting, global development company.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Edit and write accurate, newsworthy and compelling content that will include a mix of hard news, analysis, features, expert interviews, videos, photo essays, timelines, graphics and social media content;
- Write punchy, focused headlines, straplines and stand firsts;
- Assist with the production of global reports and publications;
- Gather content and imagery from over 80 projects worldwide;
- Monitor major developments around the world and source opportunities for media coverage;
- Assist with award submissions;
- Update the Adam Smith International website and social media forums;
- Manage contact databases and assist with other ad hoc communication tasks as required.
You should be innovative, energetic, positive, and genuinely committed to achieving lasting change in their work.
Adam Smith International seeks the following skills:
- A post-graduate degree in journalism, English or other relevant field;
- Demonstrated practical experience in a communications role, preferably in global development or a related sector;
- Exceptional writing skills and the ability to summarise and repackage technical information in clear, compelling language;
- Know how to edit and write an engaging story that gets to the core of who, what, when and why it matters and spot the details that make a story stand out;
- Experience in writing for digital platforms and an understanding how the social web is redefining news in a digital age;
- A strong interest in global development and international affairs;
- Proactive and innovative;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
What We Offer You
We offer you a dynamic and friendly team environment and the opportunity to work on a highly successful portfolio of programmes. We have a strong commitment to our people and strive to live by our principles:
- Take responsibility (**Accountability**). We are individually and collectively accountable for what we do.
- Always find a way (**Resourcefulness**). We think innovatively to reach a solution.
- Promote Quality (**Excellence**). We maintain and promote professional standards in everything we do.
- Commit to the Outcome (**Achievement**). We take pride in delivering our best to achieve results.
We’ve built a culture to reflect our principles, full of likeminded professionals who are smart, passionate and great at what they do. We have a headquarter overlooking the Thames in a central London location. We also offer a basic salary of up to £24,000. 9 months initial contract.
How to apply:
Heard Enough? Ready to Apply?
We would love to hear from you. Please submit a CV (no more than 3 pages) and short cover letter to [email protected] with a subject line of “Assistant Manager – Communications, London”. Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted. Thank you for your consideration.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.