United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: Finance Officer and Executive Assistant
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: Finance Officer and Executive Assistant
Organization: The Freedom Fund
Country: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Closing date: 15 Oct 2015
More than 30 million live in a state of modern slavery today. The Freedom Fund (www.freedomfund.org) is a new private philanthropic fund whose mission is to mobilise the resources and knowledge needed to drive a measurable reduction in modern slavery.
The Fund is founded on the premise that current philanthropic and programmatic efforts in the anti-slavery space are fragmented. Individual actors are often working in isolation and missing the opportunity to create scalable and lasting change. Consequently, The Freedom Fund’s founding partners, some of the world’s most innovative philanthropic organisations, have come together to create the first ever global, private, integrated, anti-slavery donor fund.
The Freedom Fund will:
- Mobilise at least $70 million by 2020 in addition to the founders’ initial contribution of $30 million, for investment into the best of class anti-slavery initiatives.
- Research and map anti-slavery efforts around the world to understand the problem in its entirety and develop a framework for coordination.
- Invest and align resources to support interventions in those geographic regions with a very high prevalence of slavery (“hotspots”) and in those industry and thematic sectors (“clusters”) where it will have the greatest impact.
- Build a community of actors and partners through a collaborative platform for information gathering and sharing, offender tracking and victim support coordination.
- Inspire a new generation of abolitionists passionately opposed to all forms of human exploitation.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Freedom Fund has an opening for a Finance Officer & Executive Assistant. This position will provide direct administrative support to the CEO along with taking responsibility for day to day transactional financial activities, reporting to the Finance Director and supporting office operations for a small but driven and dedicated international staff. This is an exciting opportunity to make a key difference in the administrative life of an ambitious non-profit. The successful candidate will be able to contribute to the building of a nimble, internationally focused world-class organisation that will have a profound impact on the lives of millions.
- Support the CEO and other staff with appointment setting, calendar management, travel arrangements, and correspondence.
- Assist in board and founder relations, including scheduling, document preparation and logistics for Board and Founder meetings
- Process CEO expenses and reimbursement claims
- Coordinate staff meetings, take and disseminate meeting notes
- Manage and process all invoices for the UK office;
- Input and reconcile accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy;
- Carry out bank reconciliations and advance reconciliations on a monthly basis, highlighting issues and ensuring these are resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure swift payment of invoices and resolution of UK’s finance related queries;
- Liaise with the payroll company, including tracking sick time, vacation hours, and holiday pay;
- Assist in the production of management accounts and supporting reports and correspondence as required;
- Assist with end of year preparation and procedures.
- Perform receptionist duties: answering the phone, taking messages, filing mail processing and office cleanliness and presentation
- Run errands, manage supplies, and all vendor relations
- Support data entry in donor management software
- Problem solve any technical challenges with computer systems, email and networks as needed
- Coordinate the hiring of interns
- Ad-hoc updates to the employee handbook and associated organisational policies and procedures.
- Assist with recruitment of staff and maintenance of personal files & benefit plans.
- 3 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in a non-profit.
- Experience of working within a finance department and basic understanding of accounting processes and procedures. Knowledge of Salesforce is desirable.
- Excellent writing skills & fluent in English.
- Good level of competence in MS Office (specifically Excel) and computerised accounting software.
- A strong work ethic and a passion for our non-profit mission.
- Collaborative team player who is willing to go above and beyond.
- Ability to work independently, displaying strong initiative in solving day-to-day problems with limited direction.
- Ability to anticipate and determine staff and CEO needs to ensure greater efficiencies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects on parallel and competing deadlines.
- Mac Office environment.
- Must be entitled to work in the UK without work permit sponsorship from The Freedom Fund.
Salary is £30,000 per annum plus 10% employer pension contributions and 25 days annual leave.
How to apply:
Applications should be submitted in English and include a CV, cover letter (max. 1 page), and contact details of at least 2 referees.
Please send applications by email in PDF format to [email protected], including "Finance Officer" in the subject line before midnight (GMT) on Thursday 15thOctober.The first interview will be held on Thursday 22nd October with a second interview the following week.
Please note only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please. Applicants must be entitled to work in the UK without work permit sponsorship from The Freedom Fund.
The Freedom Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.