If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In United States of America: Controller
Organization: Project Concern International
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 03 Nov 2015
The Controller performs vital functions for PCI globally and is responsible for overall leadership and direction of PCI’s accounting. The Controller ensures that PCI’s corporate accounting systems, processes and procedures are effective and efficient. S/he provides leadership, direction and accountability in managing and coordinating the preparation of accurate and timely internal and external consolidated financials in accordance with GAAP. The Controller reports to CFO, supervises an accounting team of 4-7 staff, and attends PCI Board meetings and meetings of Finance and Audit Committees of the Board.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesFREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
- Provide leadership to the Accounting Team;
- Plan, direct and manage all accounting functions;
- Manage annual corporate financial audits;
- Supervise preparation of internal and external financial statements and annual reports.
- Liaise closely with the Audit and Finance Committees of the Board;
- Work closely with CFO in preparation of corporate budgets and forecasts;
- Oversee cash flow projections, and budget variance analysis process;
- In close cooperation with CFO, handle day-to-day treasury needs;
- Oversee PCI’s line of credit and submit required documentation;
- Perform financial analyses as requested by the CFO, Finance and/or Audit Committees.
- Participate in internal audit reviews as needed and advise on process enhancement;
- Work with Director of Internal Audit in planning, reporting, and resolving internal audit issues;
- Ensure accurate payroll transmissions, and proper taxation of taxable fringe benefits in compliance with IRS regulations;
- Support CFO in assessing and mitigating PCI’s global risks;
- Review and approve transactions to support segregation of duties – i.e. wire transfers, journal vouchers;
- Ensure the integrity of PCI’s financial information.
Policies and Procedures
- Ensure complete and up-to-date procedures for accounting and financial controls;
- Lead the process of regular refinement of the accounting manual and polices;
- Communicate to field offices PCI standards for financial management;
- Assess organizational finance training needs and provide necessary training to staff.
Donor and Statutory Compliance
- Manage process of fiscal year closing and annual Financial Statement and A-133 audits;
- Ensure submission of PCI annual tax return;
- Assist with the annual submission of the indirect cost rate proposal to cognizant agency;
- Prepare annual USAID PVO registration;
- Supervise state charitable solicitation registration process;
- Supervise state property tax and sales and use tax submissions;
- Supervise the timely preparation of quarterly US Government reporting;
- Oversee U.S. Government Treasury Letter of Credit (LOC);
- Advise and train PCI staff on compliance with government grant regulations Required Skills * Bachelors degree in business, accounting or related field;
- US CPA required, MBA preferred;
- Minimum of 10 years progressive managerial experience in financial management;
- Hands on working knowledge of GL package Sage 300 ERP, desired;
- Knowledge of US Government grant making regulations required. FAR and CAS preferred;
- Team leader and team player with excellent team building skills and ability to manage and motivate a multi-cultural team and stimulate productivity and efficiency;
- Ability to communicate and work at different levels with other departments;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks;
- Significant experience with automated business & financial systems, spreadsheets, word processing, and databases;
- Working knowledge of Spanish is a plus;
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to be productive under pressure in a fast-paced team environment to meet deadlines;
- Flexible work attitude with the ability to be flexible and yet focused & reliable in an environment of frequently changing demands;
- Knowledge of accounting for foreign transactions;
- The ability and willingness to travel to developing countries and domestic US locations
Job Location San Diego, California, United States
How to apply:
Apply Here: https://pciglobal-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&id=23&jobid=321&company_id=16566&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992385&level=levelid2&levelid2=36330&startflag=3
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.