United States of America: Democracy and Governance Staff Associate
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In United States of America: Democracy and Governance Staff Associate
Organization: Tetra Tech
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 30 Nov 2015
Tetra Tech ARD, headquartered in Burlington, Vermont (http://tetratechintdev.com), is accepting expressions of interest for qualified Democracy and Governance (DG) Specialists to join the DG sector at the Staff Associate level. Candidates should have prior experience with new business development, proposal writing, and contract management in either non-profit and/or for-profit international development. The successful candidate will be assigned DG project management, new business development, and providing billable technical assistance duties by the Sector Director. Applicants should be willing to travel approximately 35% of the year, and should be able to take on assignments that may involve several weeks away from home.
The position will be based in in Burlington, Vermont**.**
*Backstop all aspects of DG project(s), including start up through close out: coordination with Home Office staff on logistics, procurement, budgets, and travel; project budget development and management; recruiting and onboarding technical consultants/personnel; collaborating with local staff to build capacity; and monitoring work plan and deliverables to ensure contract compliance;
* Contribute to marketing activities and new business development, including conducting scoping trips, identifying new partners and/or clients, and innovative approaches to development challenges;
* Assist in all aspects of proposal preparation: technical approach, staff identification, work plan, partner liaising, and budget development, among others;
* Provide technical assistance either for short-term international assignments or in a home office advisory capacity; and
* Assist Sector Director in general market analysis for the sector, among other tasks, as directed.
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree strongly preferred) in a sector-specific technical discipline;
* At least three years of experience managing USAID projects required, with management support to projects in Latin America preferred;
* Familiarity with USAID FORWARD, DRG Strategy, and emerging trends in governance and democracy development;
* One to three years of relevant experience in Latin America: service in volunteer programs such as Peace Corps may be considered;
* High level proficiency in MS Office applications;
* Strong oral and written communication skills for diverse audiences;
* Demonstrated strengths in multitasking and teamwork across hierarchies;
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced and sometimes intense work environment;
* Fluency in English and speaking and reading proficiency in Spanish strongly preferred;
* Ability to conduct frequent short-term international fieldwork in post conflict and transitioning locations (30%-40%); and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Reference List
* Writing sample of no more than 10 pages, is which the applicant is the sole author or authored sections are highlighted.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech ARD’s ad posted.
How to apply:
Apply online at https://goo.gl/qkPTIX
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.**No phone calls will be accepted.** Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs. With more than 13,000 employees worldwide, 300 offices worldwide and 2.5 Billion in revenue in FY14, Tetra Tech’s capabilities span the entire project cycle. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.