United States of America: Deputy chief of party
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In United States of America: Deputy chief of party
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 16 Oct 2015
Chemonics seeks a deputy chief of party for an anticipated three-year, $10.4 million USAID public financial management project in Haiti named the Integrated Financial Management Systems (IFMS) project. The project will provide technical, logistical, and managerial strengthening support to the Ministry of Economy and Finance for the restoration and expansion of both the IFMS-related infrastructure and the financial management system in Haiti. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Serve as acting chief of party when the chief of party is away from post in Haiti
- Serve as primary IFMS liaison to the Ministry of Economy and Finance IT director, principal government counterpart to the IFMS project
- Conduct assessments of specific government functions related to infrastructure and the financial management system
- Assist the chief of party in recruiting and selecting consultants
- Assist the senior IT advisor in overseeing vendors during:
- Replacement and upgrade of hardware/software to strengthen the existing central system and network infrastructure, including installation and troubleshooting of hardware, network monitoring software, and training of IT staff
- Extension of the IFMS network infrastructure to new Haiti government sites, including connection to MICT (local governments) and CSCCA regional offices
- Training of IT directors of 12 institutions participating in the Unified Exchange Platform
- Make presentations to senior Haiti government officials describing benefits of joining the IFMS network data exchange agreements
- Bachelor's or higher degree in public finance, business, computer science, or economics
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the public finance field, including five years of experience as a team leader or chief of party/deputy chief of party
- Detailed knowledge of IT systems, including hardware and software
- Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations governing development projects
- Familiarity with the political, social, and cultural context in Haiti a plus
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English and professional working proficiency in French required; Haitian Creole an asset but not required
How to apply:
Send electronic submissions to [email protected] by October 16, 2015. Please include"deputy chief of party" in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification formand submit it separately to [email protected] only "deputy chief of party – IFMS" in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.