United States of America: Deputy Director, Strategy, Performance and Capacity Building (SPCB), Social Impact, Arlington, VA
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In United States of America: Deputy Director, Strategy, Performance and Capacity Building (SPCB), Social Impact, Arlington, VA
Organization: Social Impact
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 27 Nov 2015
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth.
The SPCB pillar provides SI’s management consulting services, including workforce and organizational capacity assessments, business process analysis, operations and program strategic planning, project design, organizational re-design, change management, and the full range of performance management services, from indicator development and setting baselines and targets, to data quality assessments and helping clients develop data quality assurance systems. We provide training, technical assistance, coaching, and Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assessments and workshops, as well as organization re-design, management assessments, structured and Open Space Technology retreats, and a full range of customized support to clients seeking to improve organizational performance.
The team is offering a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to help shape the future direction of our SPCB work. SI offers competitive salaries based on the candidate’s experience and skills and generous benefits.
SI is seeking a Deputy Director for the HQ office in Arlington, VA. The Deputy Director is a key member of the service area leadership team, providing supervision and support to an assigned sub-set of SI staff. He/she performs critical personnel management business development and service delivery functions. He/she supports the Program Director by providing direct oversight of select projects and staff, and participates in key decisions affecting the service area team including bid and staffing decisions. The Deputy Director has experience managing complex projects, is a skilled team leader, has an established track record in all aspects of people management and is able to support a variety of organizational management functions such as planning, budgeting and resource planning. He/she also supports business development/revenue generation functions and maintains a billability rate of approximately 60-65%.
The Deputy Director plays a key role in service area personnel management by overseeing an assigned set of approximately 3-4 service area staff, including Technical Specialists, Program Managers, Program Associates, and Program Assistants:
- · Provides direct supervision of assigned staff.
- · Oversees work assignments.
- · Assesses workloads, identifies personnel resource needs through forecasting, and makes recommendations to implement re source leveling, bid assignments or hiring decisions.
- · Aligns staff interests and expertise with projects and organizational needs.
- · Serves as a coach and mentor to assigned staff, overseeing the professional development of direct reports.
- · Carries out ongoing and end-of-year performance appraisals for assigned staff, seeking input from other managers and staff who have worked with the staff member. Recommends staff for promotions based on their performance during the end- of-year appraisal process.
- · Participates in the recruitment and hiring of new service area staff.
The Deputy Director is expected to be billable for approximately 60-65% of his/her time:
- · Provides management support on large, complex, and/or high visibility projects.
- · Serves in a technical capacity as an SPCB engagement team member, deputy team leader, team leader, manager, or project manager on strategic planning, project design, organizational development, performance management, capacity building, management assessment, and other SPCB engagements; and as a Deputy IQC Manager on umbrella contracts.
- · When serving as a Team Leader or Senior Technical Advisor on SPCB engagements, provides technical advice and quality assurance services to the team implementing the contract.
- · Serves as Project Manager on long-term Monitoring and Evaluation Service Projects (MESPs) or field offices. Establishes strong relationships with clients, chiefs of party, and other stakeholders.
- · Serves in other senior technical roles as required by specific projects, including as a trainer on M&E training contracts where appropriate.
Business Development/Revenue Generation
The Deputy Director is expected to spend time supporting revenue generation activities. This includes support for marketing, business and proposal development related to new bids. The Deputy Director may be called upon to identify new opportunities, write or lead technical sections for proposals, review draft proposals, identify staff to be included in proposals, and work with the Finance Department to develop and review budgets.
Other Management Functions
The Deputy Director may also be asked to support other service area management functions from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- · Thorough knowledge of government and/or donor contracting practices.
- · Demonstrated ability to understand and implement pertinent company and client policies and procedures clearly and accurately.
- · Demonstrated expertise in SPCB service offerings.
- · Demonstrated ability to oversee team mobilization, written research products, and quality assurance processes.
- · Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, donors, supervisees, business professionals, and the general public.
- · Demonstrated ability to oversee and manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and provide advice and guidance in a timely fashion.
- · Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Education and Experience
- · Master’s degree in international development or other related social sciences,
- · Demonstrated experience training others in evaluation techniques preferred.
- · Experience working with USAID, Department of State and/or other donor agencies and foundations to produce useful and accurate products.
- · Minimum 5-7 years’ experience working in one of SPCB’s core service areas of strategic planning, performance management, capacity building, organizational development, or management consulting, including providing technical support, writing/editing proposals, managing contracts, and producing high quality evaluation deliverables.
- · Demonstrated experience managing large and/or complex donor contracts, with positive results.
- · Demonstrated experience managing personnel, providing mentorship, and/or conducting resource planning.
- · Proficiency in a foreign language, such as Spanish or French a plus.
- · Technical expertise in one or more sectors (e.g. health, environment, education, economic growth, democracy and governance) a strong plus.
- · Strong leadership, interpersonal, entrepreneurial, management, and writing skills required.
- · Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, growing business environment.
- · Willingness to travel on assignment approximately 15% of the time.
How to apply:
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To apply, please visit our website: http://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=451
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.