United States of America: Manager II, Knowledge Management & Learning Unit
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In United States of America: Manager II, Knowledge Management & Learning Unit
Organization: Catholic Relief Services
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 04 Dec 2015
Job Title:Manager II, Knowledge Management & Learning Unit
Dept/Location: Institutional Donor Engagement & Advancement Department, Baltimore
Reports To: Director, IDEA
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
CRS' IDEA department advances the agency's strategic position by managing and stewarding institutional donor relationships and resources, supporting the growth of CRS' business and influence, and building the capacity of staff across the spectrum of resource acquisition and management. Donor-focused units within the department provide relationship management, business development and award management expertise; deep knowledge of donor priorities and business processes; and coordination of donor engagement strategies that integrate multiple points of contact across organizational functions.
This position will lead IDEA's cross-disciplinary KML team, providing functional expertise, team leadership, and strategic oversight for capacity building and performance support of CRS staff across the business development and award management disciplines. S/he will manage a team of specialists that develop and deliver business process tools and standards, blended learning resources, information management services, and interpretation and operationalization of donor regulatory/policy compliance requirements within the IDEA purview. Working with other teams, departments and divisions, and global communities of practice, s/he will lead CRS' progress toward an integrated knowledge management and learning environment for the CRS award lifecycle, from institutional donor relationship cultivation to funding opportunity pursuit and award implementation.
- Lead the establishment and institutionalization of a KML function focused on end-to-end donor engagement, business development and award management within IDEA. Ensure sound leadership of strategic initiatives, responsive service to stakeholders, and the availability of high quality KML resources that promote standardization and best practice across disciplines, functions, and mechanisms.
- Collaborate effectively with other departments and divisions on joint initiatives for a one-agency approach to KML and shared achievement of relevant agency strategic priorities.
- Coordinate closely with peers in IDEA department to negotiate competing priorities within CRS' broader donor engagement and advancement goals.
- Stay abreast of current methodologies, techniques, and standards in the KML industry and their application within the international development community. In coordination with KML leads in other CRS departments and divisions, incorporate industry best practices and innovations into CRS' approach.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Direct the IDEA KML unit's work plans for the development and improvement of job resources, tools and guidelines, and business processes. Ensure work plans and products reflect stakeholder needs, industry best practice standards, relevant CRS policies, and donor requirements.
- Lead IDEA's business-level ownership of CRS' online project information management system, ensuring its design and functionality meets agency needs for institutional relationship management, resource acquisition and award management.
- Oversee IDEA-managed sites within CRS' global intranet. Ensure structure and content meet staff user needs for access to job tools, guidance and processes, virtual collaboration and sharing, and professional development.
- Support the mapping and definition of competency frameworks and associated learning pathways for functional disciplines within IDEA's purview, in line with CRS' Continuous Improvement initiative.
- Work with IDEA teams and divisional stakeholders to identify discipline-specific competencies and business functions requiring prioritized capacity strengthening support, based upon resource levels, performance gaps, and assessed risks.
- Lead KML unit's curation, production or improvement, and dissemination of learning tools and resources to meet audience needs, through an ecosystem of conventional and online courses, job aids, work experiences, and networks for learning support.
- Lead a team of four professionals with expertise in Business Development, Award Management, Information Management, Capacity Building, and Policy/Regulatory Compliance. Manage team work planning, individual assignments, and group collaboration to ensure efficient, effective performance.
- Ensure consistent, professional communications with, and appropriate mentorship and coaching to, other teams, departments, divisions and global communities, recognizing the unique needs and expectations of each audience.
- Model the application of best practices in KML among all team members, and support best-practice adoption among other CRS teams and departments in this space.
- Develop and oversee performance metrics to assess team's contributions to agency strategic objectives and progress toward department goals.
Key Working Relationships:**Internal:**IDEA staff; Overseas Operations Leadership and HQ departments; Regional and Country Program staff; Human Resources/Talent Devt; Global Knowledge and Information Management; Global Finance; Marketing and Communications. External: Networks and associations within the KML, grants/contracts, BD, procurement reform, and donor policy/regulation spaces.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
- Strong leadership skills in both strategic organizational development and team management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including persuasive messaging and communicating complex issues to a variety of audiences.
- Accomplished interpersonal skills, especially the ability to collaborate effectively and proactively in a complex organization.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and strong capacity for independent action and initiative.
- Ability to influence and facilitate change without being in a position of line authority.
- Customer service oriented; ability to cultivate new relationships and instill confidence.
- Proactive and willing to take on additional responsibility, challenge assumptions and elevate issues as needed.
Sector Specific Qualifications:
- Deep demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory, instructional design, and interactive learning methods.
- Strong familiarity with conventional channels of knowledge capture and transfer, as well as technology-assisted learning applications.
- Familiarity with Sharepoint and Salesforce information management platforms or similar systems.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal methods.
- Excellent facilitation, public speaking, and coaching/mentoring skills in English required.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and diagnostic skills to design, evaluate and revise learning programs, tools, and resources.
- Able to work collaboratively with subject matter experts, information users and learners, media developers, and programmers to create high-quality KML systems and content.
- Master's degree in Organizational Development, Information Systems, Adult Education or related discipline desired. Master's in relevant field plus significant experience in these disciplines acceptable.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in the field of KML, with demonstrated progressive levels of management responsibility.
- At least three years of supervisory and team leadership experience.
- Significant experience designing, producing, and delivering performance support strategies, course content, learning materials, and associated job tools and resources.
- Strong performance record in team leadership, staff supervision, and virtual management.
- Experience in negotiation and representation at high levels.
- International development background and/or overseas work experience a plus.
- Understanding of Catholic Church and CRS' mission and program approach highly desirable.
- Ability to travel domestically and overseas: estimated 25%.
- French and/or Spanish a plus.
How to apply:
Apply online at: https://www5.apply2jobs.com/CRS/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=2537&CurrentPage=1
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.