United States of America: PROJECT DIRECTOR, TIPPING POINT
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In United States of America: PROJECT DIRECTOR, TIPPING POINT
Organization: CARE USA
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 20 Oct 2015
CARE is seeking a Project Director, Tipping Point which focuses on learning about strategies to influence change-makers and root causes (drivers) of child marriage. In essence, the project is about learning and understanding how social change happens through the lens of addressing early forced marriage. In this role, s/he will work with the Gender and Empowerment team's Sr. Director for Gender and Empowerment, Gender Director, Senior Advisor Gender and Empowerment Impact Measurement (Sr. Advisor GEIM), Sr. Advocacy Advisor, Finance officer, Program Officer, and other key internal and external stakeholders to ensure this multi-country program is able to effectively generate and share knowledge in ways that influence broader change to end child marriage. The Tipping Point project operates in Bangaldesh and Nepal, two of the 10 countries with highest prevalence of early forced marriage. The project incorporates a developmental evaluation approach, and robust learning, communication and advocacy agenda (including US advocacy). This position plays a critical role in leading and overseeing the project and ensuring technical excellence, learning and innovation.
The PD will lead and provide oversight to all project activities and coordinate with all relevant internal and external stakeholders. S/he will ensure that all project interventions are of high quality and foster innovation and learning across CARE USA and CARE globally. S/he ensures that the project contributes to CARE's broader goals to advance gender equality and reduce poverty. Specifically, the PD will lead and oversee development and implementation of the annual workplans, project budgets, identify external technical support needs, organize annual reflection meetings.
- Overall leadership and management of the Tipping Point project
- Global leadership and organizational learning on child marriage
- Staff management and supervision
- Gender and Empowerment team membership
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Advanced degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience in International Development – in the field of Women's / Gender Studies, Public Health, Anthropology, Sociology, or a related field
- Demonstrated experience managing a large project with multiple partners in multiple countries
- Demonstrated excellect experience in people management skills (including relationship management) that guide and support others
- 5-7 years of experience in international development and gender
- 2-3 years of overseas work experience
- Experience working on child marriage
- Demonstrated behavior as a learner and promoter of learning & innovation
- Excellent verbal and written English skills, particularly presentation skills for coordinating and facilitating workshops and trainings
- Excellent communication skills including interpersonal, intercultural, negotiation and conflict resolution
- Excellent project coordination and management skills and expertise
- Excellent leadership, relationship management, and teamwork skills
- Exceptional planning, organizing, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with a virtual team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Technical expertise in gender transformative programming
- Extensive demonstrated conceptual and practical knowledge of gender issues, focusing on underlying causes of gender inequality; sexuality; and practice in promoting girls' women's leadership and empowerment, and behaviorial and social change processes for addressing harmful gender norms
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement gender programs across countries
- Demonstrated ability in speaking in external forums and with donors
- Program assessment, design, monitoring/evaluation, and communication skills
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please visit our website at http://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CAREUSA&cws=1&rid=2823
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.