United States of America: PROJECT PLANNING AND FINANCE SPECIALIST
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In United States of America: PROJECT PLANNING AND FINANCE SPECIALIST
Organization: Tetra Tech
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 30 Nov 2015
Tetra Tech ARD, headquartered in Burlington, Vermont is accepting expressions of interest for a qualified Project Planning and Finance Specialist (PPFS). Candidates should have prior successful experience as a financial management resource for remote teams and headquarters staff. Strong skills in financial reporting, project planning, data analysis and information management, capacity building, as well as excellent communication skills are critical for success in this role. The PPFS will work closely with project finance experts to assist headquarters and field office staff in strategically planning and managing project finances to meet their overall project management obligations.
The position is based in Burlington, Vermont.
* Ensure that project financial information is captured and reported consistently;
* Assist project management teams to analyze whether or not budget expenditures, and therefore implementation, is proceeding as planned, and help them update projections as needed;
* Work with more senior project finance experts to serve as a resource to project management team for questions, solve unique challenges or make accommodations in reporting for project, country, or contract specific requirements;
* Collaborate with more senior project finance experts to assist project management teams to: prepare and manage budget commitments on a life of project timeline; use task-based budgeting; track total open cost obligations; and ensure implementation plans are consistently reconciled with the project budget;
* Prepare periodic reports and analyses as requested to inform decision making;
* In addition to providing significant on-the-job training and capacity building to home and field office project management teams, the PPFS will help to develop and deliver live and/or online training in project planning and finance; and
* Other complementary and necessary duties as assigned by the Unit Director.
Qualifications * Bachelor’s degree in a related field required, with an advanced degree in a related field desirable;
* At least three years’ experience working on international development projects, with particular focus on project budgets and finance required;
* Strong understanding of Excel required, experience with QuickBooks strongly preferred;
* Demonstrated effective oral and written communication;
* Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by positive collaboration with project teams and colleagues;
* Ability to interface effectively with internal clients including project management teams, IKMS, the accounting team, and corporate operations;
* Experience with development and delivery of training and capacity building related to financial management;
* Outstanding interpersonal and intercultural skills;
* Very strong time management, multitasking, and organizational skills; and
***U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.**
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Reference List
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
How to apply:
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech ARD’s ad posted.
Apply online at https://goo.gl/lWVHWe
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.**No phone calls will be accepted.** Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs. With more than 13,000 employees worldwide, 300 offices worldwide and 2.5 Billion in revenue in FY14, Tetra Tech’s capabilities span the entire project cycle. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.