United States of America: REGIONAL ADVOCACY COORDINATOR
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In United States of America: REGIONAL ADVOCACY COORDINATOR
Organization: CARE USA
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 27 Nov 2015
CARE USA is looking for a Regional Advocacy Coordinator who will play an active role in the CARE Action Network (CAN), building it into a national force to support the fight against global poverty. The incumbent joins a close-knit team of dedicated colleagues that works to influence U.S. development policies and programs that impact millions of people in the developing world and CARE’s work with them.
The Regional Advocacy Coordinator (RAC) will implement a regional strategy to mobilize CARE supporters and opinion leaders in order to engage members of Congress around CARE’s mission. To do this, the RAC will build a cadre of advocates capable of reaching key U.S. legislators. The RAC will focus on recruiting “Grasstop” individuals whose connections to elected officials can be utilized to advance CARE’s policy agenda. To build his/her list of advocates, the RAC will collaborate with other departments within CARE, including those in Fundraising and Marketing.
The RAC will work under the direction of the Deputy Director for Citizen Advocacy and will contribute to national CAN objectives. He/she will assist in selecting strategic members of Congress to target and developing national engagement tools (e.g. CARE’s National Day of Action and the District and State Chairs program). She/he will recruit advocates to attend CARE’s annual advocacy conference in Washington, D.C.
The RAC will represent CAN on his/her assigned cross function issue team with colleagues from across Policy & Advocacy and Program, Partnerships & Learning. She/he will contribute to a national strategy to build a constituency around that issue and will engage his/her peers in implementation.
· Design and implement a regional strategy to mobilize advocates to help build Congressional champions for policies CARE supports
· Grasstops Mobilization
· Recruit, Mobilize and Develop Volunteer Leaders
· Contribute to CAN’s national strategy
· Represent CAN on one of CARE’s issue teams
· Engage with other units within CARE
· Bachelor's degree in international relations or similar field
· 2-5 years’ experience working on issue/political campaigns or Capitol Hill
· Political acumen
· Previous organizing experience with issue and/or political campaigns
· Volunteer management
· Strong public speaking and written communication skills
· Knowledge and understanding of how US government policies are created
· Knowledge and understanding of policy issues related to CARE’s mission
· Interest in and willingness to travel
· Word processing, PowerPoint, internet and social media skillsFreebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
· Special events planning and logs
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please visit our website here: http://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CAREUSA&cws=1&rid=2894
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.