United States of America: Senior Accountant, Audit Coordinator
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In United States of America: Senior Accountant, Audit Coordinator
Organization: Population Services Intl.
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 21 Oct 2015
PSI is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world's most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives.
PSI's core values are a belief in markets and market mechanisms to contribute to sustained improvements in the lives of the poor; results and a strong focus on measurement; speed and efficiency with a predisposition to action and an aversion to bureaucracy; decentralization and empowering our staff at the local level; and a long term commitment to the people we serve. PSI has programs in 67 countries. For more information, please visit www.psi.org.
PSI seeks applicants for the position of Senior Accountant, Audit Coordinator. This position reports to the Manager of External Audits and is based in Washington, D.C.
- Assist in coordinating PSI's annual consolidated financial statements audit
- Manage audit request item (PBC) list;
- Assist in preparing and processing audit related financial transaction data;
- Assist in preparing and reviewing audit schedules for correctness and consistency;
- Coordinate field submission of audit samples;
- Act as liaison between PSI staff and external auditors;
- Assist in coordinating donor mandated financial statement audits;
- Assist in preparing project financial statements;
- Assist in preparing schedules for 990 and 990T;
- Prepare annual surveys, external financial requests and data collection forms as required;
- Assist in miscellaneous administrative support and other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field or equivalent experience, CPA highly desirable;
- 4+ years of audit, accounting experience in financial reporting, non-profit or public accounting environment;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to effectively interact with senior management and individuals with varying degrees of financial knowledge; and
- Demonstrated proficiency with accounting, report-writing tools, and spread sheet software.
The successful candidate will have an interactive nature; ability to work in a fast-paced environment; strong analytical and problem solving capabilities; attention to detail; and excellent organizational abilities. Preference will be given to candidates with exposure to Lawson or other large-scale enterprise resource planning systems. Fluency in a foreign language is a plus.
- Level 6**Please apply online at www.psi.org.**
Population Services International is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender identity, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status
How to apply:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.