United States of America: Senior Director, Project Management
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In United States of America: Senior Director, Project Management
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 23 Nov 2015
Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development, and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil societies. ACDI/VOCA has approximately 50 projects in 30 countries and total revenues of approximately $174 million.
We are seeking a D.C.-based Senior Director, Inclusive Market Systems who will be responsible for project management including technical, financial, and operational oversight. Duties include managing project staff, liaising with other departments and providing technical guidance to both projects, proposal activities and the larger project management department. Senior Directors are expected to manage large, complex projects with minimal guidance from Managing Directors.
• Establish positive and interactive relationships with project donors and partner organizations.
• Work with project field teams to facilitate creation of work plans using A/V standardized approaches & tools. Establish timelines for timely creation and draw in relevant TLA, M&E, Q&C and A&F resources. Ensure work plans are directly related to project deliverables, responsive to the donor and meet AV standards
• Engage regional support services to fully install a work plan tracker and MIS system with the COP.
• Conduct routine work plan progress evaluations, ensure work occurring is in line with work plan design and on schedule. Help problem solve/enhance as needed.
• Coordinate with M&E department to ensure projects are supported in implementing their PMPs. Ensure baseline, mid-term and annual surveys/evaluations are implemented on time and in accordance with agreement.
• Review, provide feedback and approve quarterly and annual progress reports for submission to the donor ensuring they meet AV quality standards and are on time.
• Ensure timely development & submission of Environmental Assessment, Environment Management Plan, ESRs and PERSUAPs.
• Become aware of AV’s Gender Policy, ensure integration into project activities and that impact is tracked properly through the PMP.
• Monitor start-up of new projects, follow progress through start-up action plan trackers, ensure things are on track, support & problem solve as needed.
• Ensure project has an updated security and contingency plan with COP. Ensure timely submission of quarterly vehicle report; ensure COPs report all vehicle accidents within 24 hours. Ensure projects have an updated property management registry.
• Monitor procurement and compliance within A/V policies and procedures and ensure the project has a procurement plan.
• Draft key personnel requests and submit requests to donor; draft risk authorization letters for approval.
• Review grant packages for programmatic components and deliverables and monitor grant spending.
• Ensure sub-awards w/local and international partners are signed on time, monitored and reviewed properly. Review, approve and submit deliverables/invoices in accordance with agreements and increase obligations accordingly.
• Approve OSCAR to ensure costs are aligned to programmatic requirements.
• Review JSR monthly for variances and discuss issues with COP and Group Manager as needed.
• Review outstanding advances and ensure that they are liquidated promptly (no later than 90 days).
• Responsible for analysis and review of project budgets including projections and actuals; identify issues and share with the COP.
• Ensure routine budget meeting takes place, including financial analyses required from the field.
• Prepare draft budget realignment for donor approval when required.
New Business Development
• Contribute to proposal efforts as Technical Writer, or by providing extensive technical content.
• Complete proposal activities such as: (a) creating budgets, (b) identifying and negotiating with personnel, (c) collaborating with partner organizations, (d) collecting field research, (e) designing implementation schedules, (f) establishing monitoring systems, (g) integrating all available information; assist in the establishing standards and templates for proposal activities.
A master’s degree in international development or related field; with a minimum of ten years’ work experience, including overseas work, in international development required. Demonstrated management skills with a minimum of three years’ experience supervising employees required. Leadership and team building skills, particularly when leading cross-departmental and international groups are essential. Candidates must also have familiarity with quantitative and qualitative research methods with program monitoring and evaluation systems. Experience with software applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel required. Excellent oral, written, and reading comprehension abilities essential. Fluency in English required. French and/or Spanish language skills are highly desired. The ability and willingness to travel internationally is required.
How to apply:
Please apply online at http://www.acdivoca.org/jobs or respond with résumé, cover letter and salary history to Attn: HR/SLD, 50 F Street NW, Suite 1000, Washington, D.C., 20001 or fax +1 202 469 6255. No phone calls please. Only finalists will be contacted. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. EOE/AA. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.