United States of America: SENIOR ENERGY MANAGER – AFRICA
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In United States of America: SENIOR ENERGY MANAGER – AFRICA
Organization: Engility Corporation
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 14 Dec 2015
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Engility Corporation,building on IRG’s legacy in international development, seeks a Senior Energy Manager – Africa for its home office to provide management and senior technical expertise for the Energy and Environmental Management Division. You will be expected to work closely with the IRG Business Development team to execute its growth strategy in the Africa region, function as a senior regional expert with in-depth domain knowledge in a relevant energy sector discipline (regulation and power markets; public private partnerships and transactions; utility management; renewables; climate change and green growth); and serve as a senior project manager providing oversight, operational and administrative support and overall quality assurance and quality control to field offices and staff.
As such, you may be asked to contribute to project design, implementation, oversight, contract compliance, and proposal/business development activities in the Africa Region, with a focus on Sub-Saharan Africa. Project activities typically relate to legal and regulatory energy sector reform; energy sector transformation via public private partnership mechanisms or other innovative energy sector financing. A successful candidate’s experience will allow her/him to effectively review and assess policy / legal / regulatory enabling environments and make recommendations to shape and align them such as to be conducive to achieving state long term economic and development objectives.
Alternatively she/he would have practical experience in power/infrastructure project development and deployment of clean energy technologies and exhibit a keen interest in sector-specific financial and business model innovation. Knowledge of sustainable and low emissions growth strategies, as well as training and capacity development will also be helpful. This position will be based in Alexandria, Virginia. Overseas travel to project locations will be required.
Technical Services and Project Management:
- Participate in short-term assignments as required on projects, both domestically and overseas
- Supervise the selection, preparation, placement, and support for all technical experts carrying out technical assistance requirements
- Provide guidance to project key personnel, for satisfactory completion of overall contract objectives and activities with appropriate quality control for all work performed as well as ensure adequate communications and information flow to clients
- Identify/anticipate long-range activities and problems/constraints of a project, key personnel, and the client
- Interact with clients on technical issues of projects to propose and agree on necessary activity and deliverable changes and innovations
- Participate and assist in setting up and undertaking annual and ad-hoc reviews sponsored or requested by the client
- Plan, manage, and oversee project budget and LOE expenditures, including monthly tracking of revenue, profitability, accruals, and review of local account reports from the project offices
- Build and manage proposal teams in response to new business opportunities
- Provide technical input, management, and/or support to proposal development efforts
- Assist in the development and implementation of Engility business development plans
MINIMUM TANGIBLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced degree in law, international relations, energy policy, economics, business, engineering, or related field
- At least 12 years of progressively responsible technical and management experience of the type listed above in developing country energy sector activities as described in the preamble above
- Demonstrated management and coordinating skills with substantial managerial and technical experience in energy issues in developing countries
- Minimum of three years of the above experience in a developing country
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; English fluency required
- Fluency in French or any African language
- Prior Africa/Sub-Saharan Africa experience in the energy sector is strongly preferred
- Prior experience in energy finance in a development context
- Previous experience of working on USAID, Millennium Challenge Corporation or other donor-funded projects preferred
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and only a select group of qualified candidates will be contacted for follow up and interviews. No phone calls, please.
How to apply:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.