United States of America: Team Program Officer
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In United States of America: Team Program Officer
Organization: Management Sciences for Health
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 10 Dec 2015
The Team Program Officer (TPO), Field Program Support (FPS), is a member of the Field Program Support Team at the SCMS Project Management Office (PMO). He/she provides a support function to the FPS Team and is primarily responsible for fostering good communication and coordination of operations within the FPS team and between the FPS team and the field offices. As part of the FPS Management Team, the TPO both influences the strategic direction and supports the operational functions of the FPS Management Team. As such, the TPO will manage and support such functions as compliance reporting, planning, budgeting, technical assistance, and knowledge management in accordance with SCMS standard operating procedures and other applicable USAID policies. Additionally, the TPO will manage FPS Management Team communication and information sharing with the other PMO-based teams and country field offices. In support of these functions, the TPO will be asked to regularly identify best practices from within the project and other applicable venues and make recommendations as to their applicability to the project.
- Manage the country work planning and budgeting process by coordinating and facilitating their submission and review.
- Assist with the development and implementation of strategic projects identified by the Deputy Director and Global Program Managers as requested.
- Inform internal business performance improvement and client management initiatives.
- Actively participate in monitoring global program activities to ensure they are on schedule, meet program quality criteria, and yield expected results.
- Conduct field assessments related to operational process as needed and analyze the information to develop recommendations for improvement.
- Assist in the development of job-aides and provide training for the FPS team on relevant SOPs and associated work instructions. Assist the FPS team in planning the roll-out of training to the field.
- Liaise with appropriate management teams to maintain and revise standard operating procedures and policies with relevance to the FPS team.
- On a quarterly basis, manage the process of aggregating and analyzing the results of the country programs’ planned orders, in process orders and expenditures. Identify trends and risks that need to be brought to the attention of the management team and country programs. Present findings to COTR team and PMT.
- Assist with the aggregation and analysis of country risk assessments, received from the field on a quarterly basis. On a monthly basis, collect inputs from Unit Leads and author Monthly Management Summary (MMS), highlighting key management updates to the field. Share MMS with the Country Programs.
- Effect literature searches and reviews on behalf of FPS unit managers to assist to develop technical strategies, country case studies and project wide technical reports on supply chain best practices and lessons learned.
- Liaise with the Knowledge Sharing/Communications Unit to serve as the FPS point of contact to support the development of FPS-specific materials, conference presentations, messaging and revising format of country intranet/extranet pages.
- Serve as the main communication link between FPS and the field offices on matters requiring a survey of field level opinion or practice, work instructions around new procedures, and/or general notices to the field.
- As requested, participate in the organization of an annual Field Office Conference, including assisting with developing the agenda, goals, and objectives.
- Fulfill specified Program Officer responsibilities within FPS in the event of their absence, as necessary and appropriate.
- Organize (set the agenda and schedule) FPS team meetings, FPS management meetings and FPS-COR meetings. Ensure that meeting minutes and action items are captured. Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Master’s degree or equivalent work experience plus at least three years’ experience working in the field of international health, HIV/AIDS, supply chain management, health logistics, or international development. At least one year of experience in project/program administration.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently in a dynamic team environment, while managing multiple tasks and changing client expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate with teammates and senior leadership in meeting multiple scheduled and ad-hoc demands.
- Strong organizational, analytic, and communication skills.
- Experience with budgeting and financial management.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage various tasks in a team setting on a daily basis, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines and prioritize effectively, while delivering high quality work.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work comfortably with Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Microsoft Project helpful.
- Experience with USAID highly desirable.
- Experience working in a developing country highly desirable.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States of America.
All applications should be submitted by Sunday, November 29, 2015.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
PI92290180Freebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
How to apply:
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/j7ymdks53w
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.