United States of America: Technical Advisor – Adolescent and Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health (AYSRH)
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In United States of America: Technical Advisor – Adolescent and Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health (AYSRH)
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 26 Oct 2015
EngenderHealth is a leading global women’s health organization committed to ensuring that every pregnancy is planned, every child is wanted, and every mother has the best chance at survival. In 20 countries around the world, we train health care professionals and partner with governments and communities to make high-quality family planning and sexual and reproductive health services available—today and for generations to come.
The Technical Advisor will provide technical and programmatic expertise as well as guidance to country-based program efforts that contribute to EngenderHealth’s global and domestic Adolescent and Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health (AYSRH) strategy. The Technical Advisor will coordinate, assess, develop, deliver and evaluate a variety of AYSRH activities including: assessments, training, customized technical assistance, project and work plan development and desk reviews for EngenderHealth field office staff and programs. This position works closely with other technical leaders and teams as well as global project directors/managers to ensure technically-sound, state of the art program design, implementation and evaluations; document best practices and lessons learned; and secure funding for future AYSRH projects in the US and globally. . This position will also work with members of the EngenderHealth global programs to better integrate issues of AYSRH, including gender, community engagement, rights and choice, and youth development/empowerment into EngenderHealth’s program portfolio.
- Provide leadership and strategic guidance for the successful operationalization of EngenderHealth’s adolescent and youth strategic plan.
- Maintain high-level expertise in AYSRH, gender transformative/ gender synchronized programming, rights-based programming and adolescent/youth empowerment, and in male engagement especially in relationship to SRHR. This includes staying up-to-date in epidemiological, behavioral and programmatic research.
· Provide technical input, assistance, and training on AYSRH as well as offers innovative approaches to support AYSRH programming, with a focus on individual and institutional capacity development of EngenderHealth field partners and staff in the assessment, design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of approaches, tools, and methodologies.
· Develop and roll-out organizational standards and practices related to AYSRH.
· Review and provide input on training curricula, project documents, concept notes, monitoring/evaluation plans and abstracts or publications as requested by field office staff.
- Participate in business development including identification of priorities, partnership/relationship building and proposal development.
- Work with field staff using evidence-based approaches (e.g., logic models, assessment, research, health behavior and education theory, and evaluation), to develop or adapt high quality, skills-based programs/interventions and training curricula. Ensure evidence-based documentation of innovative approaches and practices and timely dissemination of high impact practices.
· Translate research into resources and tools that are useful and appropriate to the countries and programs where EngenderHealth works. Support monitoring and evaluation tasks on all programming and capacity building activities. Develop project progress reports, grant applications/proposals, articles for publication, marketing documents and abstracts for presentation.
· Participate and represent EngenderHealth effectively in technical panels, committees, etc. that increase credibility and reputation of the organization.
- Identify, foster and manage partnerships and strategic alliances with international, national and local partners. Serve as strategic liaison with other domestic and international programs regarding the development and implementation of AYSRH activities in country programs.
- Coordinate with other technical advisors (e.g. gender, community engagement, integration, HIV, family planning, maternal health, SRHR and social and behavioral change) and field staff to support knowledge exchange, harmonized approaches, and efficiencies.
- Coordinate and oversee the processing of contracts and hiring of consultants as needed.
- Operate effectively in team environment and identify opportunities for collaboration across project teams.
· Leverage external partnerships where appropriate to further EngenderHealth technical capacities and priorities.
· Monitor project budget and communicate with reporting manager about budget concerns.
· Follow agency policies and procedures.
· Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
· Negotiate and liaise with in country USAID when necessary.
· Assist in recruitment of staff who will work on AYSRH including with job descriptions of potential consultants/new hires and interviews when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS:
· Graduate degree in public health, gender/women’s studies, sociology, education or other professional health-related field.
· Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in providing high level technical assistance for AYSRH, including designing comprehensive programs, leading capacity building interventions, developing and delivering training and workshops and producing curriculum/programs.
· Minimum of 5 years of successful experience in planning, implementing, and monitoring AYSRH and/or gender transformative programing.
· Experience with gender synchronized approaches to gender programming.
· Experience with Rights-based programming
· Experience with youth development and empowerment best practices, including working alongside youth as partners.
· Experience with research and/or evaluation.
· International experience (particularly Africa and Asia regions) working in/with developing countries particularly related to the field of AYSRH.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· A self-starter with a sense of humor, good judgement, the ability to work in a fast-paced, creative environment, and adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities.
· Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills (e.g., active listening, cultural competence, responsiveness), including the ability to facilitate relationships, adapt to local cultures and interact effectively with others inside and outside the organization.
· Excellent writing and oral communication and presentation skills applicable to a variety of professional settings.
· Excellent project management skills, attention to detail, and organization.
· Ability to balance completion of designated projects, both short and long term, with the execution of routine duties.
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 60% of the time.Freebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
· Written and oral English fluency is required.
· Written and oral competency in French is preferred.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel as well as internet applications and searches.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
How to apply:
Please visit the Careers page of our website, www.engenderhealth.org, search under the Washington, D.C. location, and submit an application along with resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.