If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In World: 15-671: Project Manager
Organization: International Medical Corps
Closing date: 02 Nov 2015
15-671: Project Manager
****BACKGROUND****Enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
International Medical Corps, a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs, seeks candidates for the position of ****Project Manager****in the Middle East.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development projects. Established in in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses to address the critical need for medical care in war-torn Afghanistan during the Soviet occupation, International Medical Corps now implements programs in 39 countries, working with governments and communities to address humanitarian needs while also supporting training and capacity-building.
****ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES****
- In collaboration with the Senior Officer of MENA and GCC affairs and, with input from the Director of Global Communications, develop and execute strategic communication plan for Middle East in Arabic, including feature stories, online marketing and outreach through social media;
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with Middle East regional communication officer; [ME Communication officer works primarily on Syria Response communication in English, while the Project Manager will focus on the region’s Arabic media outreach including Syria Response countries, GCC, Gaza, Yemen, Libya, Sudan/Darfur, Somalia and any other Middle East North Africa countries.
- Proactively network with Arabic media journalists, local and regional, including coordinating interviews, and when appropriate serving as spokesperson in Arabic media;
- Regularly pitch International Medical Corps projects with GCC donors, stories, and notable developments or achievements to the region’s Arabic news media;
- Assist MENA Initiative with all public relations efforts, including pitching news media, as well as writing, editing, proofreading and dissemination of Arabic press releases, articles, blogs, reports, videos, and other materials;
- Manage messaging in Arabic to external parties, including talking points, press releases, media kits, and media training for staff;
- Manage the documentation of International Medical Corps activities and program achievements through photography, video, and written stories in Arabic for use on the Arabic website, by external Arabic news outlets and content partners, in press releases, marketing materials, and other items that share our work with stakeholders;
- Work collaboratively with Arabic Web and Graphic Designer officer on development of necessary digital marketing material.
- Coordinate Arabic website content updates;
- Assist with the ongoing development of International Medical Corps Arabic website by contributing ideas and content;
- Develop and manage International Medical Corps’ Arabic social media accounts,
- Develop engaging and appropriate Arabic content across owned and earned social channels, including blog posts, tweets, status updates, photos, videos, and pins;
- Manage and lead external digital initiatives to support International Medical Corps, including the Arabic website and Arabic e-newsletter;
- Oversee International Medical Corps’ presence across social media channels in Arabic, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Instagram;
- Contribute to goals and leverage measurement tools to provide progress reports and mine insights, while continually finding ways to improve metrics and results through testing and new initiatives;
- Establish and maintain relationships with Arabic/Middle East digital media outlets, including those which cover public health, international affairs, and other issues that relate to the work of International Medical Corps;
- Develop the digital components in Arabic of crisis communication, maintain readiness, and evolve as new platforms emerge;
- Collaborate with Communications colleagues, field offices and others across relevant departments to refine the brand of the International Medical Corps in order to raise its profile and differentiate it from other institutions conducting similar work in the Middle East; Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and levels of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation.
Skills & Requirements:* Bachelor’s degree; master degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in journalism, marketing, communications, media and public relations, including management;
- Project Management experience; solid organizational and time management skills: ability to prioritize work, yet multi-task in a fast-paced work setting;
- Knowledge and real-world experience in planning, managing and integrating social media programs and initiatives with traditional and web-based communications initiatives.
- Understanding of digital marketing and communications practices, trends and technologies to raise awareness and build constituent base and engagement.
- Excellent news judgment, with a particular eye for compelling video footage.
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of SEO, video marketing, paid search, and digital advertising and the metrics for measuring effectiveness.
- Familiarity with CRM; big data management and social marketing tools for audience segmentation, list cultivation and campaign tracking and measurement.
- Knowledge of international humanitarian and disaster relief issues.
- Strong social media, communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Familiarity with viral marketing techniques and blogs; Other Relevant Information (if applicable): * Ability to work successfully and effectively, both independently and as part of a team in a multicultural and participatory environment;
- Strong writing, proofreading, copywriting and editing skills in Arabic.
- Ability to travel 40% of the time
- Language: Native Arabic speaker with professional Arabic writing skills. Strong English language skills preferred
How to apply: Please go to: Project Manager and follow the instructions for applying online.
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
How to apply:
How to apply:
To officially begin the application process, qualified candidates please go to our career page http://careers.internationalmedicalcorps.org/careers.aspx , noting where you noticed the position you are applying for and complete the online employment application form.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.