Wondering how to automatically redirect WordPress posts to similar pages? No worry, let me introduce to you WP 404 auto redirect to similar post, a plugin which doesn’t claim, but rather, does everything on auto-pilot exactly as described. Hopeful by the time you go through this entire review, you will be able to confirm why I personally use this plugin.
WP 404 auto redirect to similar post is a WordPress plugin by Hwk-fr which does the entire work based on titles, post types and taxonomies. The plugin automatically detects any 404 error page, searches for a similar post using the above and redirects them. But guess what, you can use it with Rank Math SEO and enjoy unlimited benefits.
WP 404 auto redirect to similar post plugin features
- Automatically detect any 404.
- Automatically searches for similar posts based on titles, post types and taxonomies
- Redirect to homepage
- Redirect to a custom URL
- Display the default 404 page
- Choose the redirection HTTP header status:
- Supports 301 / 302 headers
- Exclude Post Types from possible redirections.
- Exclude Taxonomies from possible redirections.
- Exclude Posts based on a custom post meta.
- Exclude Terms based on a custom term meta.
- Display the Debug Console instead of being redirected (Admin).
- Preview possible redirection from the administration panel.
- Expose ‘WP-404-Auto-Redirect’ headers on 404 pages. (Admin).
- Log redirections in the /wp-content/debug.log file.
- Create your own search engines logic.
- Create your own search engines groups & fire sequence.
How to install WP 404 auto redirect to similar post
Step 1: Download, install and activate plugin.
Step 3: Configure all settings.
Step 4: Click preview after adding any 404 page.
Step 5: Click save settings
At this time, your WordPress 404 automatic management plugin is well configured and ready. You can use any other statistics or analytics tool and start monitoring and tracking your logs. But best of all, the plugin itself logs everything which can help you confirm whether working or not.
Note: This plugin works with https and http enabled sites. If your site is not https, you should enable it by for example using a free https provider like Cloudflare since that has also been considered as a ranking factor.