If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Yemen: Head of Programme
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council
Closing date: 03 Dec 2015
Head of Programme – Yemen
Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Since June 2012 when NRC commenced operations in Yemen, its focus has been the timely response to the needs of communities affected by displacement and conflict. As a result of the current conflict an estimated 21.1 million people are in need of assistance of which 2.3 million are displaced. NRC’s strategy in Yemen is to ensure that vulnerable populations in hard to reach areas are included in NRC’s humanitarian and durable solutions programming. NRC’s is currently operating in 7 Governorates in Yemen from bases in Sana’a, Aden and Hodeida delivering life-saving interventions in WASH, Shelter and Food Security. Based on its programming NRC is focusing its advocacy efforts in Yemen on improved humanitarian access, the protection of IDPs, refugees and conflict-affected populations and the right to education. In 2016 NRC will also respond in the sector of Education.
The Head of Programme is responsible for the development of the Core Competencies (CC) within the Yemen programme. He/she reports to the Country Director.
Applicants for this position may be considered for similar positions in other countries within the region.
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners/employees and to check that its partners/employees have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
- Development and execution of Core Competencies (WASH, Education, Shelter, Food Security) strategies
- Responsible for programme development, coordination, technical quality and synergies
- Identification and assessment of new programme opportunities
- Evaluation, review and quality control of ongoing and completed programmes
- Country level emergency response
- Ensure donor compliance and adherence to NRC policies
- Training and development of programme staff
- Deputy CD when relevant
- Specific Tasks
- Lead the emergency response in Yemen
- Support the country director and the program team implementing programs through remote management
- Adjust the country program response with the evolving content
- Minimum 4 years experience from working as a Senior Manager/Programme Director in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Core competency expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of the context in Yemen
- High English writing and reviewing skills
- Experience in remote management of programs
- Knowledge of Yemen or similar cultures and work processes
- Social sciense
- Political science
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- High negotiating skills and experience with donors
- Aware of the different funding processes (pool fund bilateral and others )
- Experience in dealing with different budgets ( spending plans , budget follow ups for multiple donors)
- Experience in achieving value for money
- Experience in leading multiple agency consortiums with a support of consortiums coordinator
- Strategic thinking
- Initiating action and change
- Handling insecure environments
- Operational thinking
- Ability to adopt to change
- Commencement: January, 2016
- Contract period: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions
- Duty station: Yemen , Sana'a. Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location
- Travel: Some travelling must be expectedFREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
How to apply:
Please, apply through www.nrc.no, then vacancies
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.