8 File Archiver Software To Try Out For Your Zipping Needs
When we talk of file achiever, we are referring to those file zipping applications and computer programs which serve a purpose of combining the different files including folders into a single file for storage purpose and or for easy transportation of those folders which are combined into one from one point to another. If you have been wondering about the different applications which can be used to serve the same zipping purpose for example zipping files and unzipping them, then this article will help you to identify up to 8 file achievers which you can try out in order to complete your related tasks and services.
The one important thing you should note about Zipped files is the fact that not all zip folders can be unzipped by the default windows extracting feature for example the rar files and others which are common on the internet since they tend offer a more compressional option which makes bigger files turned into light ones in order to be stored. And in order to open such files, one needs to have a program or an application like the ones in the achiever list below which can help in unzipping such files and below is the list.
1. WinZip – This is an application which is designed for Windows OS users and a commercial achiever . It has a free trial version which is known as an evaluation version and where by upon the trial period end, you would need to purchase it in order to keep using it. It supports both Zipping, Unzipping, Compressing, Encrypting and others as per needs for both Windows 8 x64, Windows 8, Windows 7 x64, Windows Vista, Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000, XP, Vista and others. You can download it by visiting www.winzip.com or from other software vendors online.
2. PeaZip – This is an open source platform software which supports both Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8. It is an achiever which supports both file extracting, creating and converting multiple archives, self-extracting archive, splitting and joining files, encryption and many others. It is available for download at peazip.sourceforge.net and others sites like Oldapps.
3. FilZip – FilZip is a freeware application which supports multiple archive formats with an ability to add and extract files and folders from the archives. System requirements include Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000, XP, Vista and can be downloaded from www.filzip.com and other sites.
4. 7Zip – If you are a Microsoft Windows operating system user, then Seven Zip is another achiever which you might try out for your compression, zipping and unzipping purposes. It supports both Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP and can be downloaded from www.7-zip.org.
5. PowerArchiver – This is another commercial file achiever which supports Windows and both Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8 OS. It is available in more than 10 languages for example Ukrainian, Danish, Italian, Slovak, Finnish, Czech, Danish, Portuguese and many others. With PowerArchiever, you can Compress files, Automate Backups, decompress, read-write access and do many others. You can get a copy by visiting www.powerarchiver.com
6. Stuffit – Regardless of whatever zip extension you may need to create or unzip, this is an application to try out. It supports both .zip, sit, tar, sitx and others with email and one click compression. It supports both Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista and is available from www.stuffit.com
7. WinAce – If you are running Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000, XP, Vista, then visit www.winace.com and get your copy of the WinAce own powerful compression.
8. WinRAR – WinRAR is what almost everyone knows and is a shareware application. Supports multiple zip file formats and can be used on both Windows 95/98/Me/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/Server 2003/Server 2008 and Server 2012. Visit www.rarlabs.com to get a copy.
Liked this article or found it helpful? Share it with your friends using the social share buttons below and or post a comment to let us know your feedback or any addition using the comment form below.