If you ever wondered whether your Operating System is one supported when it comes to installing the different Microsoft Dot .Net Framework versions 3.5 or 4.5? How about thinking of downloading any of the above for your purposes? Then you should go on and read this entire article. A few days back, a friend of mine sent an email inquiring why he had failed to install .Net Framework on his computer which he had thought that by all means, he had to do so.
This guy owns a Compaq Evo computer with some good amount of RAM (256) in addition to a bigger hard drive space and being part of the dot net framework requirements, he wonders why he failed to do so as his email to me stated. To be honest, this is something I had personally not known that the different versions of this popular software do require different computer specifications and that one could fail to use any on a particular device.
And as usual, I did discover that my friend was very right since the different versions of the .Net-Frame-Work requires different specifications and basing on how many people may be asking them selves this same question, I decided to come up with this article about the 3 versions and their requirements.
.Net Framework 3.5 System Requirements
1. Your should be running an OS which is either Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008.
2. Your computer processor speed should either be 1GHz Pentium processor or 400 MHz Pentium processor or their equivalent.
3. Your PC should have a RAM of 256 MB or 96 minimally.
4. A 500 MB free HDD space is recommended.
5. A 1024 x 768 high color or 800 x 600, 256 color starter required.
.Net Framework 4.5 System Requirements
1. Your should be running either Windows 7 SP1 (x86 and x64), Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (x64), Windows Vista Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008 SP2 (x86 and x64), Windows Vista SP2 (x86 and x64), Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2.
2. Others include 1 GHz or faster processor, 850 MB free space (x86), 512 MB of RAM or 2 GB HDD (x64)
Liked this article or found it helpful? Share it with your friends using the social share buttons below and or post a comment to let us know your feedback or any addition using the comment form below..