How To Obtain / Register New TIN Number Online From Uganda Revenue Authority
This tutorials covers every detail about acquiring a new TIN Number in Uganda. Reading it takes you through the entire step by step guide and procedure to follow in order to register, apply and obtain a personal or business tax identification number from URA. Whether you are applying for a personal (individual), a company (non-individual) or group TIN Number, this post is your complete guide.
Like we all know, a Tax Identification Number is mandatory for any one including company’s and organizations who wants to meet his or her tax obligations as required by the Ugandan Laws. And it is the work of URA, the government agency, to issue such TIN’s to both individuals, businesses and organizations.
What is a tin number Uganda?
In Uganda currently, a TIN is a unique 10 digit number which URA issues to individuals and non-individuals (business, company, etc) for tax purposes. Such taxes include but not limited to motor vehicle registration taxes, Import and Export taxes, Income tax, Value Added Taxes (VAT), Company Taxes, Operational Taxes and many others. It should be noted that the new numerical format (10001010XX) replaced the older series of P-XX-1XXXXXX which were being used in the past years.
If you have been wondering, and or still on how to go about acquiring, making or getting a new TIN number in Uganda, all you need is to follow the following below procedures below so as to have URA TIN application created instantly online.
Requirements for getting a Tin number in Uganda
– Should be applied through URA Portal.
– 2 photocopies of the different identity cards eg National ID, Driving Permit, passport etc.
– Working (active) email address and phone number (read how to get an email address free).
– Computer and internet connection.
– Copy of your business registration certificate(if you do business).
– Copy of your employer Tin (if you are employed).
– Copy of company registration in case of company.
– TIN Numbers of company directors in case of company
– MS Office with Excel installed on your computer (read how to enable Macros in MS excel here).
Online application for Tin number in Uganda – steps and procedures
1. Visit URA web portal, scroll down to “download online forms” and click eForm DT-1001 for individual or DT-1002 for non-individual and save the download on your computer e.g Desktop. This is available under forms & templates for E-Registration.
2. Using MS EXCEL, open the downloaded file DT-1001 or DT-1002and enable Macros. Fill in the entire form with the correct details from start to end. Read how to enable Macros in MS excel here.
3. Click validate so the system can automatically check if your application form is free from errors. When no errors found, click generate upload file and save it to the location of your choice, usually same folder where the downloaded form was saved.
Uploading TIN application form on URA Portal
1. Visit URA portal, click eServices and again on individual registration for individual, Non-individual registration for companies and or Group Registration.
2. From the drop down list, select new form and browse the generated upload file. Enter application name, given letters and agree to terms. Click upload and wait for the acknowledgment number.
Well done! Once you successful upload your tin number application on Uganda revenue authority web portal, you will be emailed with the submitted forms which you can print either by immediately after uploading the files, and or print using the print submitted forms feature on the portal.
The online printed forms must be submitted to the nearest URA branch office or to the exact location where your application will be processed depending on the Reference number eg for example Kampala South (located at Old Kampala Mosque), BW-Kampala North (located in Bwaise Mulago Kalerwe Round-about), NA-Nakawa (located towards MUBS), CR-Central offices (located at crested towers) and many other points.
Please note that depending on the documents you selected during form filling for example your ID’s and any other, you should submit the printed hard copies along with those attachments since failure might lead to your tin number application form being rejected.
And once you are verified, you will be issued a New Tin Number and you will be able to pay your taxes easily. Call or Whatsapp me 0752009001 for private express help.