How To Register New TIN Number Online [URA Uganda]
This is a Uganda revenue authority TIN Number registration, application, processing and verification guide for both Individual and non-individual (company, organization) tax identification number). If you were wondering how to register a new individual TIN, apply it for your company or organization, the different steps to follow in the entire process and etc, this guide is what you need.
A TIN Number which is known as the Tax Identification Number is a number which is used by Tax Payers when it comes to paying things like government taxes for example motor vehicle registration taxes, insurance taxes, Import and Export taxes, Value Added Taxes (VAT), Company Taxes, Operational Taxes and many others, and is worldwide.
Each country has a Tax body which is known to handle such Tax related things for example the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) for Uganda, the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) for Kenya, the Internal Revenue Services (IRS) for United States and many others, and of which these institutions are set up by the laws of the corresponding governments. So far, the new TIN Number format of for example 1010101010 which did replace the older TIN number series of P-XX-1XX which were being issued in the last years.
In order to successfully do with your TIN application, you will need a computer with an internet connection, MS Excel office program installed on your computer, a working email address, a printer and a referee (a person who has an active TIN number of the new type).
Uganda revenue authority new TIN registration steps and procedures
1. Visit URA portal and download online forms DT 1001 for individual or DT-1002 for non-individual.
2. Save the download forms on your computer eg Desktop or Flash drive.
3. Double click on the form and open it.
4. Enable Macros security on your MS Excel so you can be able to fill in the entire form as required.
Check out on How to enable MS Excel Macros on MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, etc
5. Click validate form to check if there are any errors.
6. Click generate upload file and wait for it to be saved on desktop.
7. Now open the URA Portal again and go to e-Services.
8. Click registration and select your choice eg individual or non individual.
7. Browse your generated upload file, fill in your names, enter capture and click submit.
Upon successfully uploading the forms, you will be sent an auto generated email notifying you how your forms have been successfully submitted. You will be given an option to print the submit forms and which you must do as those printed copies will be required at the URA offices which processes your application for a TIN.
TIN handling offices around Kampala center include but not limited to Kampala South (located at Old Kampala Mosque), Kampala North (located in Bwaise Mulago Kalerwe Round-about), Nakawa (located towards MUBS), Central offices (located at crested towers) and many other points. Hand in your printed TIN form DT-1001 or DT-1002 for verification.
And once you are verified, you will be issued a New Tin Number and you will be able to pay your taxes easily. Call or Whatsapp me 0752009001 for express application help.