Google Chrome is one of the top browsers which many people using the different operating systems use. This application which works both on smart devices and computers is best know for its speed, security, lost of extensions and many others. In fact, I personally have it listed as my number one browser.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to fix or solve this error of “This computer already a more recent version of Google Chrome. If software is not working, please uninstall Google Chrome and try again”. It should be noted that this error occurs when an attempt to install Google Chrome browser from a computer is made.
Personally, I encountered this same error after my Anti virus ate up all Chrome files only the icon on my desktop which too prompted to be deleted upon clicking on it. Efforts to have my best browser re-installed failed as every time I would try, I only saw the above error.
Well, after lots of trials and errors, I finally found a working solution to “This computer already a more recent version of Google Chrome. If software is not working, please uninstall Google Chrome and try again” error, and which I am sharing with you as well so you are able to fix the same error by yourself.
Requirements for fixing the above Chrome Browser re-installation error
- Fresh Chrome application (newer version is recommended).
- Knowledge of how to install programs in PC.
How to solve the error (Several ways)
1. Using the default uninstallation procedure – Click Start > Control Panel > Uninstall Program > Chrome > Uninstall.
2. Using Command Prompt (CMD) – Click Start > Type cmd, right click and select run as Administrator > Type wmic and hit Enter > Type Product get name and hit enter > Type Product where name=”Google Chrome” call uninstall.
3. Using Directly program deletion – Click my computer > Local drive with Windows > Program files > Google > delete Chrome.
4. Using Directly App data deletion – Click my computer > Local drive with Windows > Program files > App data> Chrome > delete Chrome.
Caution: Option 3 and 4 above requires you to know what exactly you are doing. Doing it wrongly might make your PC malfunction. You should only, and only use the option if you really know what you are doing.
5. Download Newer Version of Application – The best working tip is for one to download a newer version of this program. This is because of the fact that this error will only show up for those who are trying to install a version which is older that the current installed (or previously installed version of the application).