Whether you’re a small or big business owner or just a regular person who happens to own a smartphone, keeping track of your voicemail passwords is very important. If you don’t change them often enough or don’t know how to keep them secure, your phone is vulnerable, and can be used by others to get into your voicemail account and listen in on private conversations—or even hack into your phone itself!
If you know how to change your voicemail password, good for you. But if you don’t know, still you don’t have to worry since this tutorial has everything you need to follow right from A-Z. All you need is to follow the simple procedures depending on your device be it an Android, iPhone, or Windows.
For Android users
For Android users, the process of setting up or changing your voicemail password is very similar.
- Open the phone app on your phone
- Select “Settings” from the menu.
- Scroll down to Voicemail
- Enter your current password
- Enter a new password
- Re-enter the new password
- Confirm and this will make sure that only you can access your voicemails until you change this again.
For iOS users
- Go to Settings > Phone > Voicemail.
- Enter your old voicemail password, then tap Next.
- Enter your new voicemail password, then tap Next again.
- Confirm that you’ve entered both correctly and tap Done.
For Windows phone users
To change your voicemail password on Windows Phone, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Phone app.
- Scroll down to “Settings,” then select it.
- Choose “Change Password.”
Now that you have found a simple way to do it, understand that it is essential for every phone user to know how to change their voicemail passwords since it only takes a few seconds to secure your smartphone from unauthorized use, and listening to your private information.
We hope that this article has helped you learn how to change or even reset your voicemail password. You can use it for future references and or share it with those who haven’t gotten a chance of reading the article.