How To Upload Joomla With FileZilla To Your Hosting Servers (cPanel)
Joomla is a free content management system (CMS) just like WordPress, Drupal and others, which gives users an opportunity to create good looking and professional websites fast and easily even with out the need to know any programming knowledge provided one has uploaded the CMS on his or her hosting servers with any method for example the FileZilla File transfer protocol option. With Joomla, you can create a website, a blog, a forum and any other you need by way of adding the already made components, extensions and modules which are too available on the Joomla portal under the extensions directory.
Well as there are so many hosting providers who offer a one click installation on a wide range of scripts including Joomla, not all of them offer that especially if you are using the free hosting service, something which leads to the need to use other upload options for example the web based FTP like Net2ftp and the installable ones example FileZilla.
How to upload your Joomla?
1. Firstly, you will need to visit www.joomla.org and download the CMS to your local drive and unzip the zipped file to any location of your choice. This should be followed by visiting the FileZilla website and downloading the FTP software, unzip it too and make sure that it is working.
2. Secondly, you will need to retrieve the required information for example your website host Internet Protocol address (I.P) or URL, your website User Name, your Password and Port (although the FTP will always determine the port automatically).
3. Now launch FileZilla and in put the details as mentioned in 2 above and click on connect.
4. Under local site, browse your unzipped Joomla software and use command CTRL + A to select all the files in the folder.
5. Under the remote site, locate the location which your hosting provider recommends you to upload your files to and which is the Public_HTML folder in most cases.
6. Now right click on the selected files and select upload. This process will take some minutes to complete depending on your Internet connection and once all files are uploaded, you will be done with uploading your CMS.
What you need to next is to log in to your hosting cPanel, go to MySQL and create one. Now visit your website URL to complete the installation, follow prompts and in put your MySQL information in their fields and you will be done. Check out how you can upload WordPress using the Web based FTP the same as Joomla works.