NIRA Uganda – How To Replace Lost National ID Card
Wondering what to do, and how to go about replacing your lost National ID card through NIRA in Uganda? You are reading the right post since in here, you will be able to learn, find out, and access to what you need to know when it comes to replacing your lost Uganda National Identity card, and through the government authority which is responsible for doing that.
NIRA stands for National Identification and Registration Authority, a Ugandan government body which takes on the responsibility of registering all birth, death and issuing of national identity cards. Its the same body which takes on the task of replacing the lost national ID Cards to citizens in cases where a card has been lost or even damaged.
Damaging and loosing the National ID cards is one thing which many people encounter at any one point due to different reasons for example when thieves grab the wallet or even the gab where the card is, and many others. One problem many face is when it comes to replacing such cards since many don’t know where and how to get started.
Requirements for processing / getting Replacement National ID replacement
- To whom it may concern Police letter
- Duly filled NIRA Form 11 (application for Lost, defaced or damaged National ID Card)
- Bank payment slip of associated fees
That is why you need to read this post since it will help you learn and know what to do in such cases when you need to replace your lost national ID card in Uganda and through NIRA, the authorized body. Below is what you need to do. Below are steps and procedures to follow
1. Begin by reporting the loss of your national ID card to the nearest police station. This will help you get a replacement request notice from the police which you will use in the process.
2. Download NIRA application form for lost identity card and fill it in accurately.
3. Visit URA web portal, register a payment PRN and pay the fees to the bank.
4. Go to NIRA offices, submit in the form, police report and payment slip. .
5. Finally, follow as told until to the last step of securing your replacement card. You can check NIRA faqs and learn more on everything with regard to National Identity Card.