How To Apply/Obtain/Acquire A National Tax Number In Pakistan With FBR
A National Tax Number is mandatory for all of those who give money to the Pakistan government inform of taxes and its the duty of the Federal Board of Revenue to ensure that all stakeholders are issued with NTN numbers. The FBR is a government body which takes on the work and responsibility of collection and levying of federal taxes, collecting, enforcing and auditing of all government revenues, administration and formulation of fiscal policies and all related work in Pakistan.
The National Tax Number is vital when it comes to filing the annual Income Tax Returns, getting govt business contracts, health care, work, being legally recognized among others. Individuals, companies and businesses are required to have NTN’s by law and for purposes of fulfilling their obligations to the government.
It so happens that while this is required, many stakeholders don’t know how to go about this process and which is why in this post, I decided to share with you on what you need to do and how you should go about everything. Getting started – In order to get started, you need to make a decision on whether you are going to use the Online e-registration service or a manual way.
1. For manual forms, you should visit http://www.fbr.gov.pk/default.aspx and click on NTN Application Form.
2. Download the Taxpayer Registration Form (TRF 01 for STRN/NTN)PDF form, fill it and follow guide.
3. For the Online e-registration process, visit http://regsys.fbr.gov.pk/ and new registration.
4. Select the application type, taxpayer type eg company, individual or AOP, enter your CNIC, name, fill image character and hit next.
5. Go on filling all required fields until you reach the final verification level where you will be given a token number.
6. You should then visit the Taxpayer Facilitation Center nearest to you with all required details including attachments like a copy of CNIC or an applicants passport, utility bills, registration certificates for businesses, proof of ownerships and any other as may be required.
Upon successful document verification and validation, your tax payer number should be issued. The entire process is all simple.