How To Apply For A URA Tax Clearance Certificate Online (Transactional/Annual)
After Uganda Revenue Authority introduced the online Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC) sometime back, many of whom I think to be falling in the category of Tax payers have sent me various email messages all inquiring on how to go about the entire process of applying their TCC right from the comfort of their offices, homes or even on the go.
And its for this reason I decided to write this post in a tutorial form on how to go about the entire online TCC application regardless of whether one is applying for a Transactional or Annual Tax Clearance Certifications. All you need to do is to keep reading this post entirely since by the end of it, you will be able to discover what it takes, what you need, the process, the procedures involved and any other question you may be having. I am sure you know what I mean when I say that I am doing it basing on the different posts and guides on the site so far.
Transactional TCC application Procedures
1. Visit URA web portal http://ura.go.ug and login to your TIN tax payer account using your TIN Number and Account password.
2. Navigate to eServices, click on Tax Clearance Certification from the list and wait for a new page to appear.
3. Select Transactional-TCC under TCC.
4. Under details of each Addressee, input their TIN number, contact phone number and email address.
5. Check the TCC purposes for each address from the list and or click on Others and specify by directly typing in.
6. Click Add and you should see each addressee details as you input them.
7. Select the TCC tax period as you require. The system will automatically compute the accounting period.
8. Select submit once you are done and having reviewed all info and wait.
9. You will get an acknowledgement receipt with a reference number upon submitting.
Annual TCC Application Steps
1. Follow steps 1 -2 above and select Annual-TCC on the Number 3 instead of Transactional-TCC under TCC.
2. Select your TCC Tax period as required and wait for the system to compute the accounting period.
3. Preview your information as will be seen in the Acknowledgement receipt.
4. Select submit and wait for the Acknowledgement receipt.
Please note the following points during the application process..
“1. An email of the receipt will be sent to the applicant’s registered email.
2. You can track the status of your application using the “track your status” functionality under e-Services.
3. You will need to input the reference number and search code that are provided on the acknowledgement receipt.
4. Upon approval of the application, the applicant will receive an email notifying them that the TCC application has been approved, with a copy of the Tax Clearance Certificate attached.”