Learn how to fix and solve this common error of “Briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance. Check back in a minute” for WordPress sites. And if you just got into this regardless of what the cause might have been – but usually after an attempted WordPress core or plugin update, then you need not to worry since in this article, you will find out the best, easy and instant solution on how to get rid of this.
Every time this Briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance. Check back in a minute occurs, chances are that the site is offline and none of your visitors will be able to the live site unless the cached version, and that is if at all it does exist. This not only means that people can’t reach your contents but too, you are likely to lose every single coin you would have earned on your WordPress site during that time of the outage.
This Briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance. Check back in a minute error does occur when one tries to update a plugin, and or the core files and the process is uncompleted. This can be due to server issues or even your own network and internet connection which might have lagged during the process. And that is why many people face the challenge on how to recover their sites and removed the stuck in maintenance mode.
Below are the different alternative solutions which when used, you can instantly get back your site with the Briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance. Check back in a minute fixed. Just follow each step and you are done. But please note that you need to have your Host cPanel access in order to do so.
Using your Hosts default File manager
1. Log into your Host account and go to file manager of the site which is stuck in maintenance mode.
2. Go to the folder where your site files are located eg Public_html.
3. Look out for this file “.maintenance” without quotes and delete it.
Using FTP Client like FileZilla
1. Launch FileZilla or your FTP client and input all required account details.
2. Enter account, username, host IP or address and the password and hit quick connect.
3. Go to the website files folder eg Public_html.
4. Look out for this file “.maintenance” without quotes and delete it.
Whether you used alternative one above of your default file manager or a File transfer client, just reload your website after deleting the “.maintenance” file and you will see it again. You can now do anything of your choice and instantly.