Traffic Road Signs And Meanings In Uganda
With the many different road and traffic signs in Uganda, it becomes relatively difficult for both pedestrians, passengers, drivers, riders and cyclists to know all of them. This is one of the reasons as to why many end up falling victims not by wish but rather, due to little or no knowledge about the meaning of the different signs.
If you are reading this, I know you arrived at this post because you were looking for something related to the above. In this article, I share with you the several traffic road signs and their meaning so you are well informed. Remember, failing to honor any of the rules can lead to fines or sentence or both as per the laws and offence committed.
With an option to the same road signs and meaning in PDF format, you will not only be in position to read, but also, you will be able to download, print and keep a hard copy which you can re-read at any other time of choice.
Uganda highway code
Prepared and issued by the Ministry of Works and Transport, the Uganda police traffic department takes on the management and enforcing of the highway code. It applies to all road users including both pedestrians, passengers, drivers, riders and cyclists. Failure to abide by the highway code of conduct 2x can lead to imprisonment.
2. Warning3. Warning 24. Warning 3
9. Informational10. Informational 2
Key things to note:
- Animals aren’t allowed on the road except where it is allowed.
- You should only drive when you aren’t tired.
- It is against the law to drink and drive.
- Blocking the road and footpath is bnot allowed.
- Always wear a seat belt.
- Carry a safety box in your car.
- Dont drive without a valid drivers license.
- Always ensure that vehicle is in good mechanical condition.
- Call emergency in case of an accident or emergency.
For more information and download, refer to this mowt page.