Testing for Full driving permit with IOV in Uganda
Once you have successfully obtained your motor vehicle or tractor or motor cycle or pedestrian controlled vehicles learners driving permit from Face technologies in Kyambogo, the next step which everyone should and must do is to go for testing. This testing procedure for obtaining a Uganda drivers license is performed by the inspectorate of vehicles (IOV) upon which one is issued with a Certificate of Competence (CoC
Just like how all other steps involved in obtaining the drivers license in Uganda requires certain procedures, the testing option by the IOV also does the same. In order for one to qualify for undergoing the test, he or she must avail the following at the testing center.
- A testing payment slip from the bank.
- A Driving school certificate confirming that one underwent and completed driving classes and seasons.
- A valid learners driving permit issued by Face technologies.
Below is how to obtain each of the above and proceed for testing at the testing center by IOV.
Paying for testing fees
- Visit URA web portal and go to eServices.
- Click payment registration and select NTR.
- Select Test fees and fill in the entire form.
- Proceed to the bank and make a payment.
Obtaining a driving school certificate
- Locate a trusted driving school and learn how to drive.
- upon completion of your course, you will be issued a Driving school certificate.
Obtaining a learners permit
This is well explained in this post about obtaining a learners permit for the different classes of vehicles and etc. Read through it and you will arrive to this place back.
Obtaining a Certificate of Competence (Real testing)
The motor vehicle testing does happen both theory and oral. In theory, the IOV will ask you a series of question for example the meaning of the different road signs and etc where by you must not fail to answer all of them. This is like an examination where you have a pass mark. Failure to reach it will mean failing the test.
The practical driving test part requires one to prove that he or she knows how to drive. You may be subjected to the “test trees” and parking, or be subjected to drive on the road with the IOV officer, or both. Depending on what you learnt, you either pass of fail the test.
Upon success, you will be given a Certificate of Competence (CoC