How To Migrate MBOX To PST Via Useful Manual Tip
Email communication work differently on different email client. Apple mail is endowed with advanced features for seamless smoother email communication storing email data and managing mailbox items like e-mail, calendar and schedule, contacts. Still the users rely on MS Outlook, another widely used email client that is mainly used for business related email communication. Now in this post, I will provide insight into a manual technique that can help you convert your MBOX mail box data to PST format of MS Outlook. Although the technique I’m discussing below would be a time-consuming task and will stake sufficient amount of time and challenging for novice ones with limited technical knowledge but the step by step points given below, will make it easy to perform the conversion. Make sure you have taken the proper backup of your original MBOX files before applying this manual technique.
In the very first step you need to import all the mailbox items to an MBOX file. To do this, follow the steps shown below:
Step 1: Launch Apple Mail on your system.
Step 2: Them Go to the File menu and click on Import Mailboxes option.
Step 3: Now chose the program or file from which you want to import the data. Now Click “Files in MBOX format” and click Continue button to proceed.
Step 4: Now browse the specific location where the MBOX file is saved. Select the MBOX file which you want to import. Click Choose.
Step 5: Now select the mailbox items you want to import. Then you have to click Continue tab to continue the process.
Step 6: After this once the process is over click on Done.
Step 7: Now you can find the imported mailbox in the Import section of Apple Mail.
Now you need (Windows version) of Eudora to go further with this process. As you cannot export the MBOX files directly to MS Outlook email client so you have to follow three steps. First you need to use Eudora for finalize creation of the mailbox, then in the next step you have to use Outlook Express to import the messages, and after then finally you need to import the mailbox to MS Outlook from Outlook Express. You need to download the latest Eudora (Windows version) version and install it on your system in case you do not have this. Now follow the below mentioned steps given below once the Eudora is installed,:
- In the very first step you need to alter the MBOX file extension (which was imported earlier). This can be explained with an example in this way: if it is named “InboxMBOX”, then rename it “InboxMBOX.mbx”.
- Now move this file, i.e. “InboxMBOX.mbx”, to the directory in which Eudora saves its files. C:Documents and Settings<user>Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora
- Launch and open Eudora on your PC. For finalize creation of the mailbox, you have to double-click on the InboxMBOX.mbx file. After that you can close Eudora.
On Outlook Express:
- Now you need to open Outlook Express. Then on the File menu, click on Import tab > Messages.
- Then select Eudora from the list and click on Next.
- Browse the specific location in which you have moved the InboxMBOX.mbx file, and click on OK.
- Click on tab Next > Next again and then click on Finish.
You can find and locate the imported mailbox in the Local Folders drive of Outlook Express.
On MS Outlook:
- Now launch MS Outlook on your PC, click on File tab > Open.
- You have to click on Import section to go to Import and Export Wizard.
- Now Select Import Internet Mail and Addresses from the list and then click on Next.
- Select the MS Outlook Express version 4.x, 5.x, 6.x or Windows Mail option. Then check the Import Mail option and Click on Next.
- Now find the imported mailbox in MS Outlook. It would be located in Outlook Today – [Personal Folders].
As a professional on the basis of utilizing precious time, if this solution seems to be tricky or difficult to perform then you can switch to a third-party converter app .Often using on manual techniques would be a time-consuming task to perform and sometimes it may not work as per the requirement or may affect the original files. As a precautionary measure you need to back up your original files before performing any manual technique. And if anything goes wrong and if the technique affects the file, then you have an easy option so that you can restore it from the backup.
On the contrary if you do not want to use this tested manual technique, you can try a third-party MBOX to PST converter tool. Also the downside of this manual process is the data loss that can result when any of the manual steps is missed by any novice user with limited technical knowledge. Indispensable MBOX to PST Converter tool perform seamless conversion of MBOX files of different email clients which include Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Sylpheed, Netscape, Opera Mail, Entourage, Eudora SeaMonkey, Mulberry, Spicebird, Pocomail, and many more.