For the Advanced users or the professionals, creating web portals is something easy since such people can be able to create a portal from scratch and which is not something possible for the newbies. However, whether newbies/beginners or the advanced users, this article will help you discover the 12 free already made content management systems which any one can use when it comes to building professional looking portals together with a brief about them, and here we go.
1. Joomla – A free and open source content management system which users can download for free, upload and create professional looking portals and sites.
2. Mambo – This is another open source CMS for creating, managing and editing web sites easily.
3. Concrete5 – This is a tool bar support content management system which gives users an opportunity to easily edit and manage their websites directly from the Tool bar.
4. Drupal – This is one of the mostly used free and open source content management systems around the world and too with a lot of plug-ins to use.
5. Contao – For those who are looking forward to having a good looking portal for their professional work, contao is the choice.
6. Pligg – With Pligg, creating a powerful social networking portal is something which can be done in minutes. Its simple and easy to configure.
7. CMS Made Simple – This is another open source content management system which serves a function of being faster easier when it comes to creating websites and is suitable for both the large down to small businesses.
8. Zikula – Zikula is a well known CMS which combines both features required in running an eCommerce portal, a blog or a community website and many others.
9. glFusion – If you are interested in creating a website, a forum, a photo gallery, a download portal or a forum, glFusion is best for that.
10. PyroCMS – A simple, easy and light weight content management system you must try out.
11. AdaptCMS – For whatever you need to do for your website be it adding pages, categories and others, a test of AdaptCMS can work for you.