Palladium International Job In Uganda – Chief of Party-Uganda SDS
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Palladium is currently recruiting for an anticipated USAID-funded program in Uganda focused on strengthening decentralization in the social sectors.
– Provide strategic technical leadership for the project.
– Serve as Palladium’s representative to USAID, Government of Uganda, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Local Government, NGOs, community stakeholders, and other in-country partners.
– Responsible for ensuring the timely communication with and reporting to USAID/Uganda.
– Ensure that the project activities are meeting client and stakeholder expectations.
– Responsible for the overall planning, implementation and management of the project, including financial management.
– Develop and implement annual program work and performance milestone plans and negotiate an agreement of those plans with USAID, subcontractors and other stakeholders.
– Responsible for oversight and direction to all long- and short-term personnel hired by the project.
– Represent the project on behalf of Palladium in national, regional, and global meetings.
– Master’s degree in international development, public health, business administration, or related degree
– At least 10 years of experience in designing, managing and evaluating large-scale international development projects, with at least 5 years’ experience in a senior level management position
– Technical expertise in governance (particularly decentralization), health systems strengthening, and/or service planning or delivery.
– Demonstrated experienced in institution strengthening (particularly for local government) and capacity development
– Knowledge of national issues impacting public sector service delivery
– Experience working as a COP for USG-funded project is highly desirable with proven capacity to effectively manage staff and project funds
– Demonstrated professional excellence in program management including experience in the following: client relationship management, developing program work plans, developing program budgets, managing program implementation, and managing technical assistance teams.
– Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders.
– Strong knowledge of USAID administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems
– Must have strong oral and written communication and presentation skills in English
– Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications.
– Willingness and ability to travel frequently within Uganda.
How to apply: Please follow this link. Closing date is 31 May 2017