Here is how to extract WordPress zip files online instantly following the instructions in this post. Discover everything from uploading the wpress zip file, extracting the upload, and installing it on your hosting server. The result is having a fully functioning WPress website ready to be used.
Uploading the entire WordPress zip folder and extracting the wpress file directly on your hosting servers for example, in the public_html folder is one of the easiest ways and alternatives when it comes to setting up your website within a few minutes. In fact, you only upload WPress content management system file size, the same way it was downloaded without any addition.
Regardless of which upload option you may want to use for example a web-based file transfer service like NET2FTP or a desktop-based file manager like FileZilla, reading this entire tutorial will help you learn how you can manage to upload and extract Wpress online.
Requirements to upload file
- WordPress CMS
- FTP software like FileZilla
- Archiver software like WinRAR
- FTP log-in details
- WordPress Server Unzip
How to extract wpress file online
- Unzip and extract the WordPress folder and then open it to view all files.
- Launch the WinRAR software, click and open your extracted WordPress folder to view all files
- Select all files in the WordPress folder using the CTRL + V and click on Add in the WinRAR interface
- Enter your file name for example wp under the Archive name, select ZIP under archive format and click on OK to create a new archive
- Now launch your FTP program, enter your login credentials like Host, account name, and password, and log in.
- Navigate to the directory where your site is located for example public_html folder and upload your newly archived folder for example the wp folder.
- Now download the WordPress Server Unzip file, unzip it, open the folder, and upload the unzip.php file in the same location where you uploaded your archived folder for WordPress files.
- Change the unzip.php file permissions to 777 from 644 or any other
- Now visit your website using a web browser and click on unzip.php to run it or simply visit yoursite.com/unzip.php
- Click on your archived WordPress folder in order for it to be automatically unzipped whereby you will be shown the total number of files unzipped and their total MBs.
- Now go back to your FTP manager, delete the WordPress archive folder you uploaded for example the wp folder, and delete the unzip.php file.
Your website should be up and running whereby what you will be left with is to launch installation by adding your database and others. For Android phone users, see how to unzip files online free.
Liked this article or found it helpful? Share it with your friends using the social share buttons below and or post a comment to let us know your feedback or any addition using the comment form below