These are the new Uganda driving permit prices for 2021 for a new driver’s licence, renewal of expired/lapsed permit, extension to another class, foreign drivers license exchange, and duplicate (lost license). The new driving licence charges came into effect when Uganda driver licensing system took over from the defunct Face Technologies.
The fees shown below are paid strictly at the bank, and vary depending on the type of driving license one is processing. Payments are made to a URA bank account in any of the URA-supported banks of choice depending on the type of licence which is being processed.
In order to make any payment to the bank, you first of all need to generate a payment registration number which you take to the bank of choice and make the payment, and it begins by visiting the URA web portal and registering a Payment PRN.
Updated driving license fees in Uganda 2021
|Type of Permit Applied||Amount paid in Bank||Amount Paid at Uganda Security Printing Company|
|Learners / Provisional Driving Permit||60,000 paid in the bank||None|
|Testing fees for each class||25,000 paid in the bank||None|
|Full / New Driving permit 1 year||135,000 paid in the bank||None|
|Full / New Driving permit 3 years||230,000 paid in the bank||None|
|Full / New Driving permit 5 years||330,000 paid in the bank||None|
|Renewal Driving permit 1 year||130,000 paid in the bank||None|
|Renewal Driving permit 3 years||210,000 paid in the bank||None|
|Renewal Driving permit 5 years||310,000 paid in the bank||None|
|Duplicate Driving permit||121,000 paid in the bank||None|
|Driving permit Extension each class||121,000 paid in the bank||None|
|Foreign Driving permit conversion / exchange 1 / 3 years||230,000 paid in the bank||None|
|Foreign Driving permit conversion / exchange 5 year||330,000 paid in the bank||None|
|Production fees for drivers license||80,000 paid in the bank||None|
|Production fees for learners drivers license||30,000 paid in the bank||None|
Key points to note
- Production fees are paid by those who had paid but not completed the process with Face Technologies whose contract expired.
- The extension is subject to qualifying and passing the class test
- A duplicate driver’s license is upon providing a newspaper advert and police report.
- A new drivers license application form available for download from works.go.ug website is required in order to process your application for a learners / full drivers license.
- A copy of your national identity card for nationals and a passport for foreigners is required.
- Proof of enrollment at any of the licensed driving schools is required when going for a learners drivers license.
- A drivers school certificate is showing completion of the driving course is mandatory for full drivers license.
- The driving permit is now known as the drivers license
The above prices may be subjected to change at any time since they are determined by the government, or by Uganda driver licensing system which is powered by the Uganda Security Printing Company (USPC).
Kindly be informed that Face Technologies is no longer the driver’s license issuer in Uganda. The South Africa origin company which has been operating in Uganda for many years ever since the computerized driving permits were introduced in Uganda stopped operations on February 28, after its contract expired.
Driving permits which are current known as drivers licenses in Uganda are now being issued by the new firm, Uganda Security Printing Company.