Videos are excellent tools for providing lessons and explanations in various fields. They can be used to explain processes step-by-step in a tutorial, show programs to other people, record tips and tricks for later reference, record product reviews, etc. Screen recording software can also be used to showcase your creativity when playing games like Minecraft or PUBG, recreate scenes from movies, and shoot music videos in simulation games like The Sims.
Most screen recording programs share a number of features, such as the ability to:
- Film-in-Picture Capture video from your screen and webcam.
- Editing and commenting on the video after shooting it.
- Create videos in a variety of commonly used file types, such as AVI, MOV, MP4 …
- Upload completed videos to YouTube, post them on web pages or social media, and upload them in e-learning courses.
Here’s our list of 2022’s top screen recording software.
Open Broadcaster Software
OBS isn’t just for screen recording, not just for Windows. It is a program that has the capabilities of recording any computer screen.
- It can do more than just screen recording.
- 100% open source and free.
- You might run into crashes because it is open source.
- The program does not have a video editor.
If you don’t like trying to install new programs on your computer for whatever reason, Here you will definitely need an application or program uploaded to a cloud on the Internet (website) that gives you the same features that a regular program installed on your computer gives you. In fact, we found an excellent computer screen capture site called Recordcast that offers a 100% free premium service that many programs installed on computers do not erase. So this site is an excellent option if you are specifically looking for a respectable screen recording site. Features:
- Recordcast website features 100% free site, you do not need to register to do the screen capture.
- It has a very clean and easy to use interface. The site is fairly fast.
- It can create a specific tab in any browser, Chrome or Firefox.
- It has video editing tools after it’s finished recording.
- The video can be downloaded in three different resolutions, the most powerful of which is FHD, which is excellent.
- Their video editor is smooth and easy to use. The ability to import audio files or some pictures and videos from your computer while modifying it.
- It’s online and easy to use
- 100% free.
- The recording time is limited.
Ezvid is free video and screen recording software. Ezvid’s web page claims to use your computer’s processing power to speed up your screen recording and video editing capabilities. Although Ezvid files can be uploaded to sites like YouTube, it is more compatible with their wiki site, wiki.ezvid.com, which is promoting itself as the world’s first Wiki-exclusive video.
- It has the ability to record the screen with sound and image.
- It includes a good video editor.
- The site claims that you can create a professional-looking video in minutes (instead of hours).
- You need at least 10GB of free hard disk space, which might be large for older devices.
- Some online users complain that the program is slow.
- There is no paid version of Ezvid, however the developers encourage you to donate anywhere from $ 9.00 to $ 250.00.
Apowersoft screen recording software:
Apowersoft is a web-based recorder, so you don’t have to download anything. Alternatively, you can just open this free online screen recorder in your browser.
- You can record your computer screen and your webcam at the same time.
- You can add different colors, shapes, notes, and icons in real time while recording
- The program is completely free.
- Cannot record on secondary screen.
Loom screen recording software:
With Loom, you can capture your screen, voice, face, and share your video instantly in less time than writing an email. It works on Windows, Mac and iOS.
- Recordings up to 1080p.
- It allows you to include animated icons.
- Screen and webcam, screen only, or webcam only can be recorded.
- It does not have a professional editor.
- The free version puts your videos on loom.com for storage rather than on computer storage (although you can download).
- The number of videos that you can store and access on Loom.com is limited.
Icecream Screen Recorder:
With Icecream Screen Recorder you can record any area of your screen either as a screenshot or a video recording. The program provides an intuitive and easy-to-use interface with a host of tools and options to use when capturing a screen. You can use Icecream Screen Recorder to create professional looking videos for seminars, games and Skype chats.
- Draw, select or add arrows and text to the recorded video.
- Webcam video recording with screen recording.
- The ability to enlarge a screen shot while recording.
- Multiple screenshots can be set on timer.
- Only 10 minutes of registration time for the free version.
- Limited video format in the free version.
- The length of the recorded videos is limited.
- Limited support.
Screencast O Matic screen recording program:
Screencast-O-Matic allows you to make recording of your computer screen or webcam. Although you can upload your videos to YouTube, you also have the option to upload your videos to the free Screencast-O-Matic.com server host.
- Make recordings of up to 15 minutes with the free version.
- Limited publishing options with the free version.
- Recording from both screen and webcam.
- The paid version is inexpensive.
- The watermark is visible on the videos created with the free version.
- Computer audio recording requires Windows Vista or later.
- Access to editing tools is limited in the free version.
Windowsgamebar screen recording and imaging program:
This is a computer video screen recording program hidden in Windows 10. To access it, you just have to press Win + G to open the menu, and you will find a screen recorder, camera recorder, voice recorder, and more. All built right into your Windows system!
- Integrated with Windows system.
- Records audio from microphone, system sounds, and mouse sounds.
- Saves videos in HD format.
- It does not have a built-in editor, so you need another program if you want to edit recorded video or captured photos.
- It only records games, programs and the browser if it is full screen. It does not record some things, like the desktop or file explorer.
iSpring video screen recording software:
iSpring Free Cam is a free screen recording program for Windows to help you easily record screenshots. A number of video editing tools and functions come with the program to allow you to delete portions of the video, remove background noise, and apply sound effects. Videos can be saved in WMV format or uploaded to YouTube.
- No watermark, time limits and ads.
- Records audio from microphone, system, and mouse sounds.
- Users can edit audio and video to fine-tune screen recordings.
- Saves videos in HD format (up to 720p or 1080p).
- Upload and share the video to YouTube.
- There is no paid version of iSpring Free Cam, the program is completely free.
- No webcam recording.
- Only saves the recordings in WMV format.
Best Camtasia Screen Recording Software:
With Camtasia, you can record professional activity videos on your computer screen with minimal effort. In addition to recording videos, Camtasia also allows you to import HD video to recording from an external source. Camtasia is unique in that it can create interactive videos with clickable links to create dynamic video content suitable for use in the classroom or workplace.
- Records on multiple video and audio tracks.
- Provides a green screen effect to make the recorded video appear as if you are part of the action.
- Animated elements such as callouts and text are easy to integrate.
- Free application available to record videos on mobile devices and transfer them to Camtasia for editing.
- 60 fps video export (Camtasia 2018 and newer).
- The trial version of the full program is free for only 30 days
- Users are prohibited to create videos for commercial purposes when using the free version.
- The price for the paid version is $ 249.00. It is a high price.
Whichever program you choose, screen recording software is a must if you are an educator, blogger, or content creator on YouTube. Adding a professional looking video to your blog post, tutorial, or review is sure to increase viewers engagement.